• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta plans to open Saab 340 base at Atlanta hub

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nice - no apu turbo props in hotlanta. the city should just permintly base an amublance at the end of D concourse.
I believe that Eagle has ATR's with no APU's in DFW, MIA, and SJU. Man up.

I believe that Eagle has ATR's with no APU's in DFW, MIA, and SJU. Man up.

I didn't even think the ATR's came with APU's at all. Don't they just have Prop Locks to produce DC power while on the ground? Didn't think the Prop Lock produced Bleed Air while on ground.

I didn't even think the ATR's came with APU's at all. Don't they just have Prop Locks to produce DC power while on the ground? Didn't think the Prop Lock produced Bleed Air while on ground.

The ATR's hotel mode (prop braked #2 engine) does provide bleed air for the packs.

anyone surprised by this, really? The post merger company will have more 70 and 76 seat regional jets that are more capable on the longer routes and shorter routes, and a healthy amount of turboprops for short range flights. They don't need ATRs going from Chattanooga to ATL and Saabs to Memphis at the same time.

Thanks. Does it cool good? Curious because I always saw the Air Cart at the ATR's in HHH.

It actually does better than our poorly maintained air carts half the time, but it still isn't great. You see air carts because we can't run the right engine while we're being fueled or while loading aft baggage.

Nah, MEM won't close, at least for the regionals...doubtful that folks would burn $3 gas and pay for parking in BHM, ATL, or BNA...but, that said, stranger things have happened...at this rate in 10 years there'll only be one US airline anyway!

Latest resources

Back