• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Delta plans to open Saab 340 base at Atlanta hub

enuffalready

Total Time
4000+
I obviously have no access to info to make any decisions, but it seems that the ATR's made money and that since ASA already had a certificate for them, we would trade/sell some 50's, and get more ATR-500's and use them not only in atlanta, but CINCY, MEMPHIS, DETROIT, etc for feed.

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
nice - no apu turbo props in hotlanta. the city should just permintly base an amublance at the end of D concourse.

GOULET!

Oh look..a bighorn!
Total Time
Ream
Gotta put those Saabs somewhere when they close down Memphis...

Memphis is going to be the next Pittsburgh. Think your going to see all the NW and Delta regionals operating out of ATL at the same time. The president of Compass is on record saying there is going to be a significant reduction in flying out of Memphis in '09 but it was too early for specifics.

Flybet3

Fly for me! Get my Bonus!
Total Time
plenty
nice - no apu turbo props in hotlanta. the city should just permintly base an amublance at the end of D concourse.

Yeah it's goona suck. Especially since Memphis is 65 degrees all year round. Oh wait....

OCP

Total Time
eh...
Delta plans to put jet bridges on D. The saabs going to park there?

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
I believe that Eagle has ATR's with no APU's in DFW, MIA, and SJU. Man up.

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Total Time
I believe that Eagle has ATR's with no APU's in DFW, MIA, and SJU. Man up.

I didn't even think the ATR's came with APU's at all. Don't they just have Prop Locks to produce DC power while on the ground? Didn't think the Prop Lock produced Bleed Air while on ground.

centralpilot

Total Time
I didn't even think the ATR's came with APU's at all. Don't they just have Prop Locks to produce DC power while on the ground? Didn't think the Prop Lock produced Bleed Air while on ground.

The ATR's hotel mode (prop braked #2 engine) does provide bleed air for the packs.

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Total Time
The ATR's hotel mode (prop braked #2 engine) does provide bleed air for the packs.

Thanks. Does it cool good? Curious because I always saw the Air Cart at the ATR's in HHH.

Last edited:

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
Total Time
time?
anyone surprised by this, really? The post merger company will have more 70 and 76 seat regional jets that are more capable on the longer routes and shorter routes, and a healthy amount of turboprops for short range flights. They don't need ATRs going from Chattanooga to ATL and Saabs to Memphis at the same time.

centralpilot

Total Time
Thanks. Does it cool good? Curious because I always saw the Air Cart at the ATR's in HHH.

It actually does better than our poorly maintained air carts half the time, but it still isn't great. You see air carts because we can't run the right engine while we're being fueled or while loading aft baggage.

prtyprtyprncss

Total Time
Nah, MEM won't close, at least for the regionals...doubtful that folks would burn $3 gas and pay for parking in BHM, ATL, or BNA...but, that said, stranger things have happened...at this rate in 10 years there'll only be one US airline anyway!