• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Plane Loses Wing Panel During Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scoot, I serve our great nation. That's hardly a freeloader. Show some respect.
An EBT card, and an Obama phone is not "serving our great nation!

SMcC, to answer your question, yes I do. It takes a couple seconds and isn't a big deal.
So does applying for welfare!

Delta guys still make significantly less than a SWA guy. I've heard of SWA captains making $400k/year. The highest paid Delta pilot and copilot put together don't make that much. Delta 737 captains make SWA copilot money. And that's after they caved on RJ code share to get raises.
Reading comprehension was never your strong suit, was it sport?
Or are you still angry at the DL pilot that "invaded your old lady while at the food stamp line?

That's why I'm sure that this level of apathy runs rampant there. The company doesn't care enough to pay you well, so why should you care enough to look at the wings? As a professional, you should. But at that pay rate, I could see why you would blow it off.
With you, it's more of a level of stupidity! Take care. Keep working on that schtick, you're getting stale!

Like I said, lack of attention to detail and focus on safety seem to be a condition of the corporate culture. Crummy wages, furloughs, bankruptcy. I'm sure all of this has led to an erosion of the professional pilot at Delta. I guess the lack of caring could be justified if you had to work there.

A pre flight pilot check is for a rental, not a purchase of the aircraft.

No amount of pilot professionalism will find a lose hatch on top of a jet.

Your point and obvious jab is as usual, painfully baseless.

Scoot, I serve my great General coffee. That's hardly a freeloader. Show some respect.

SMcC, to answer your question, yes I do. It takes a couple hours and is a big deal. You haven't flown in years, waterboy.

Delta guys still make significantly more than a SWA guy. I've heard of SWA captains making $150k/year. The highest paid Delta pilot and copilot put together make thrice that much. Delta 737 captains make SWA cfo money.

That's why I'm sure that this level of apathy runs rampant at SWA.
Fixed his post.

Last edited:
Fixed his post.
I think some of your ciphering is a little off there Hoss!

I've heard of SWA captains making $150k/year. ----A captain on year one pay at minimum guarantee alone makes no less than $178,776.

The highest paid Delta pilot and copilot put together make thrice that much.----The highest paid pilot and copilot at Delta make $344,760 on minimum guarantee flying a 747 compared to SWA guys forever stuck in a 737 at $343,512 per year at minimum guarantee.

Delta 737 captains make SWA cfo money.----I have to admit two million a year for a 737 gig sounds pretty attractive.

P.S. I realize your post was most likely "tongue in cheek", but these are the real numbers.

I think some of your ciphering is a little off there Hoss!

I've heard of SWA captains making $150k/year. ----A captain on year one pay at minimum guarantee alone makes no less than $178,776.

The highest paid Delta pilot and copilot put together make thrice that much.----The highest paid pilot and copilot at Delta make $344,760 on minimum guarantee flying a 747 compared to SWA guys forever stuck in a 737 at $343,512 per year at minimum guarantee.

Delta 737 captains make SWA cfo money.----I have to admit two million a year for a 737 gig sounds pretty attractive.

P.S. I realize your post was most likely "tongue in cheek", but these are the real numbers.
It was all in good fun. TIC all the way. As a 7ER A I made 299,563 plus over 30k in my 401K DC plan.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back