• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Plane Loses Wing Panel During Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I personally pop the hatches and walk out on both wings during my walk around. I strap a seat cushion to my butt in case I fall off the wing.
Agreed, unless I'm going to begin using non destructive testing equipment on each walk around, I'm going to miss this every time. How does this radiography testing equipment work again and more importantly how am I going to fit it in my flight bag?

If it wasn't there before the flight, I have a feeling that numerous passengers would have noticed and said something.

Like I said, lack of attention to detail and focus on safety seem to be a condition of the corporate culture. Crummy wages, furloughs, bankruptcy. I'm sure all of this has led to an erosion of the professional pilot at Delta. I guess the lack of caring could be justified if you had to work there.

Do you routinely check this area during your preflight?

How much effort does it take to flip on a wing inspection light and walk to the over wing? I guess it matters how much you care. Maybe the amount you care is in directly proportional to your compensation.

How much effort does it take to flip on a wing inspection light and walk to the over wing? I guess it matters how much you care. Maybe the amount you care is in directly proportional to your compensation.
What could you possibly see with a wing inspection light illuminated? Are you implying there was a section rolled back like a sardine can or something?

I realize you carry a large unexplainable grudge against all things Delta, but get a hold of yourself for goodness sake.

tanker clown is a doosh.

As professionals, we have to take safety seriously. From the mechanics who look like they probably lacked attention to detail to the pilot that missed this on the walk around. It seems like a corporate culture of not making safety a priority.

You're slipping. I expected better. You better brush up!

I guess there's no windows in the over wing section? Come on guys. Put a little effort into it. Take I seriously.

Reading what you write is like trying to smell the color 9!

Then proportionately, the DL pilots the best compensated in the industry.
BTW, did you ever get hired at SW, or are you still sucking the government's teet?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back