Delta Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flyguy801 said:
1) I was a pilot until I got my medical condition, so I cannot hold a first class medical.

Would that medical condition be Acute Stupidicus? Or did they finally notice you were born without a functioning brain? What a shame that someone of your obvious intellect and rationality can no longer fly airplanes in the same airspace as me...

General Lee said:
Good idea editing that. I read it and almost puked. You would work without a contract---with no protections--no seniority list, no scope, no nothing? You would? That is what DL wants. Sound fun to you? Would you scab too? Good edit.

Bye Bye---General Lee

lol - that's pretty good. you should put that on your picket sign.

First of all - I would never scab. Period. Second, I edited my post because I admittedly do not know the particulars of what DL wants you guys/gals to do. Just an impulsive post to a very mad individual. My mistake, i admit! There was no need for the dramatic reply.

Hope you guys make it and hope you can restore a good, positive company culture one day.

Grove

General Lee said:
Any pilot faced with this situation will fight it, even a SkyWest guy. Well, let me take that back, he may go for growth and then fly any jet for 50 seat wages.....

Bye Bye--Greedy Lee
General, I highly doubt you would make that statement to my face. I still don't understand your problem with Skywest. Good luck with your contract.

Well at least somebody gets the big picture here. Pilots are WAY overpaid. In an era where the planes basically fly themselves, pilots are basically taking up useful load that could be used for lucrative air cargo. Overpaid bus drivers I say. We need to get pilots salaries in line with city bus drivers (or trash collectors if you are a JBLU pilot.)

Additional profits generated by getting rid of the pilots outrageous salaries could end up where they belong - in the executive suite. Face it, the golden age of the overpaid, partying, philandering pilots is over.

I have a few friends I used to work with from ol' Texas Air I'l give a call to. I'll get a team together and we'll get DAL straightened out!

I've got a question for any of the Delta guys. If the decision is against the pilots on the 15th, and you are scheduled to fly an international trip on the 15th which arrives on the 16th, and is scheduled to depart back to ATL (or anywhere back in the states) on the 18th, what happens if the strike begins on the 17th? How do you get home?

Flyguy801 said:
1)
3) Oh Yes, Believe it or not, a regional pilot would take your job for half what you are making per hour, there are many guy waiting for your job, only problem is that Delta can not train them while under Chapter 11.

Then that regional Pilot would be labeled a SCAB for the rest of his/her career. Ask some of the United Pilots that SCABBED back in the 80's how life has been working there since then? Different bag room, the sound of crickets every time you walk into the room, your crew bag getting relieved in or heading overseas, no one to talk to or go out to eat with etc. Its obvious that you haven't been in the business very long with statements like this.

Its because of Delta/United/American and the rest that the bar has been set so HIGH for so long. They were the ones always improving the work rules and wages for themselves and for future generations. Its just a shame that all this current situation has to do with gas and gas alone. I wish Delta Pilots the best during theses challenging times!

ASSinelli said:
Flyguy801 -- don't worry. The Delta pilots will talk tough and then settle. Watch and wait.

Another cluess moron. Hey sparky, go check your diaper it might need changing!

Flyguy801:
Nice flaimbait!

Flyguy801 said:
3) Oh Yes, Believe it or not, a regional pilot would take your job for half what you are making per hour, there are many guy waiting for your job, only problem is that Delta can not train them while under Chapter 11.
Actually, the Delta pilots' 100 seat pay rate is already less than pilots at most DCI carriers earn. In the race to the bottom the mainline guys hold the pole position because ALPA provides them with full representation within the brand, while the regional carrier does not have the same ability to negotiate. For example Comair can not negotiate with Delta, only Comair.

It would be impossible for a regional to underbid a mainline pilot in the current ALPA structure. Refer to threads about Northwest, Mesaba and Compass.

flyguy801:

You are free to form a union too. By the way...nobody held a gun to your head forcing you to work in this industry, much less for Delta.

It may be hard for you to swallow, but you could have (not could of) become a pilot if you wanted to. Funny thing is, you are probably the smart one for NOT becoming an airline pilot!

Regardless of what you make, at some point you have to say (as a unified group) enough is enough. Delta management has pushed their only unified group to this point. Should we all be making ramper wages? Would that make you happy?

GP

Alchemy said:
There may be a few at Comair and the RJDC who couldn't care less about mainline scope clauses, but the rest of us low-lifes DO want to have a decent mainline job to go to someday.
How you guys continue to get this wrong just amazes me. The RJDC is fighting for scope, better scope than we have now.

Scope is currently used as a super C scale to keep pilots away from the coveted mainline jobs. Members of the Delta MEC have said that they see scope as a way to ensure military pilots never have to fly at the Regional level.

Supporters of the RJDC feel that non mainline pilots should be able to participate in scope negotiations within the brand - to stop whipsaw and restore the piloting profession together. This is a position also adopted by ALPA, but not enforced. ALPA simply asks that MEC's get along, rather than stepping in an providing leadership. Without any leadership, or any enforcement of the rules, big MEC's run over small MEC's and the divisions between pilot groups result in what we see around us now.

The Delta pilots are correct to say "No Contract - No Work." However, those who believe that pay should be restored and scope tightened do not understand the economics of the situation. ALPA does understand these economics and has promoted the idea that regional pilots should work for less, sometimes much less, so that the parent company has the cash to pay mainline guys more. If the Delta MEC tries to get a better compensation package for those in the big house they are going to need the DCI slaves down on the plantation. That is the way this all started in Ron Allen's day and ALPA is much more divided now than it was then.

The Northwest pilots tried to bring most of the flying in house and are paying a high price (but not as high a price as the Mesaba pilots whos jobs are being destroyed and given to other ALPA members). The RJDC plays a protective role on the Delta property. If such a thing was attempted involving Comair, or ASA, ALPA is assured that their conduct will be reviewed by the Courts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back