Delta Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyguy801

I don't want to tick anyone off, Delta pilots are the cause of my vent but I really need to express how I feel.

I do not blame you guys for what you all are doing but do you guys and gals think you are the only people at Delta? Okay, I’d be upset too if I was a 19yr Pilot on the brink of retirement but what about all the people who are above and below the wing (CS and Ramp), Dispatchers (Everyone in OCC), Maintenance people and Admin? They all have families they have to support like the rest of us, we all had to adjust our life styles due to pay cuts, some people who had to be furloaded as well. WE HAVE SUFFERED MORE than you pilots will ever know or can begin to think! You guys are upset because you have to take a pay cut and won't be able to buy that bigger and faster boat or maybe that new Hummer or BMW that you have been test driving?? But you know what! You still will be making the very least of 80k a year, right?? Gee must be nice to make that much!! You see that you are the only ones who are suffering, every one is and right now you guys are the stupidest pilot group right now, have hear it from TSA pilots, ASA pilots, SkyWest pilot and United guys as well. You see how much of a joke you guys are? I am sorry I do not mean to bash but come on, you guys are not the only ones who run the company, yeah I may be a gate agent but I have a family and kids to support just like you guys. Stop acting like a bunch of grade school kids and forget the strike and take in the butt like everyone else is doing at Delta!!

I also read on the company message board that some said the government will not step in… funny, I think you guys are crazy to think they won't but because you will not only shut down the worlds busiest airport and cause economical havoc but hey okay, strike and be like a bunch of babies and watch what happens to you! Yeah, you can not be forced to work but hey I much rather be flying and adjusting my life style than spend some time in a comfy jail wouldn't you?

OH BTW for people who do not know this, 48% of the Delta pilots are active duty in the military, if they strike, the will lose the pension from the Government too.

So go ahead and bash me and I am sorry you guys hate you’re job so much but you should of quit a long time ago I am sure there are guys at SkyWest, ASA, Mesa, ect who would love to fly a B757, 737 or even a 767 for half the cost of what you guys make but that is the difference between a Delta Pilot and a Regional Pilot (some), a regional loves what they do, a Delta pilots are just greedy!

Funny thing….I do not remember hearing “Strike” at United when they were in Chapter 11th, but that is because they have a Brain, common sense and love there jobs! If they did, I sure missed it.

Again, sorry to bash or hurt feeling. This is what many of US think about you pilots

Flyguy801 said:
I don't want to tick anyone off, Delta pilots are the cause of my vent but I really need to express how I feel.

I do not blame you guys for what you all are doing but do you guys and gals think you are the only people at Delta? Okay, I’d be upset too if I was a 19yr Pilot on the brink of retirement but what about all the people who are above and below the wing (CS and Ramp), Dispatchers (Everyone in OCC), Maintenance people and Admin? They all have families they have to support like the rest of us, we all had to adjust our life styles due to pay cuts, some people who had to be furloaded as well. WE HAVE SUFFERED MORE than you pilots will ever know or can begin to think! You guys are upset because you have to take a pay cut and won't be able to buy that bigger and faster boat or maybe that new Hummer or BMW that you have been test driving?? But you know what! You still will be making the very least of 80k a year, right?? Gee must be nice to make that much!! You see that you are the only ones who are suffering, every one is and right now you guys are the stupidest pilot group right now, have hear it from TSA pilots, ASA pilots, SkyWest pilot and United guys as well. You see how much of a joke you guys are? I am sorry I do not mean to bash but come on, you guys are not the only ones who run the company, yeah I may be a gate agent but I have a family and kids to support just like you guys. Stop acting like a bunch of grade school kids and forget the strike and take in the butt like everyone else is doing at Delta!!

I also read on the company message board that some said the government will not step in… funny, I think you guys are crazy to think they won't but because you will not only shut down the worlds busiest airport and cause economical havoc but hey okay, strike and be like a bunch of babies and watch what happens to you! Yeah, you can not be forced to work but hey I much rather be flying and adjusting my life style than spend some time in a comfy jail wouldn't you?

OH BTW for people who do not know this, 48% of the Delta pilots are active duty in the military, if they strike, the will lose the pension from the Government too.

So go ahead and bash me and I am sorry you guys hate you’re job so much but you should of quit a long time ago I am sure there are guys at SkyWest, ASA, Mesa, ect who would love to fly a B757, 737 or even a 767 for half the cost of what you guys make but that is the difference between a Delta Pilot and a Regional Pilot (some), a regional loves what they do, a Delta pilots are just greedy!

Funny thing….I do not remember hearing “Strike” at United when they were in Chapter 11th, but that is because they have a Brain, common sense and love there jobs! If they did, I sure missed it.

Again, sorry to bash or hurt feeling. This is what many of US think about you pilots

That was ridiculous. Sorry to bash our feelings? You apparently have no clue what we are going through since you seem to gulp the company kool-aid. Were you drunk when you wrote this? Thanks for telling me a SkyWest guy would love to take my job for half----and that we hate our jobs and are just greedy. Wow. That wasn't a bash or ment to hurt my feelings?

First of all, get off the Chronic, you may get drug tested at work. We have different jobs, that require different schooling and skills. If you wanted what we have job wise, you should have tried to get trained as a pilot and done the things we have done. IF I wanted to get CEO or CFO pay, I would have studied harder and gone to Wharton. (you could even lose $11 billion in five years and still leave with $16 million like Leo Mullin) I didn't, so I will get paid less. You could have done other things in your life to help your current situation. Don't blame us. I used to love this job, unitl this latest krap started. Any pilot faced with this situation will fight it, even a SkyWest guy. Well, let me take that back, he may go for growth and then fly any jet for 50 seat wages.....

The one reason we would strike is if they take away our contract, something you do not have, and it would be worse working here without one. You need to try to put the pipe down and comprehend that fact. NO CONTRACT = NO WORKIE. It would be worse to stay, and 95% say they won't do it---which would mean no airline. This is not indentured servitude--we don't have to work--and 95% of us saying NO will stop this place. I won't work in a bad situation so you can keep your job. Neither will 95% of us. That is a large number, and maybe we all know something you don't. Yeah, that is it.

Please, get help----and I am not trying to bash you or hurt your feelings. Yeah I am. That felt great.

Bye Bye--Greedy Lee

Last edited:
Flyguy801 said:

Quick - Somebody call the Waaaaambulance !!! We don't want anybody else getting FURLOADED or take in the butt !!!

Flyguy801 said:
?? But you know what! You still will be making the very least of 80k a year, right?? Gee must be nice to make that much!!

Go to college, pay your dues, spend 1/3rd of the year away from your family, buy the house you've worked so hard for, go through the situation from the pilot's perspective, and then tell us how you feel.

yeah I may be a gate agent but I have a family and kids to support just like you guys.

Open the sunday paper and find another job.

worlds busiest airport

Not Quite

I much rather be flying and adjusting my life style than spend some time in a comfy jail wouldn't you?
Relavence? I'd rather be surfing the net, then be getting ru over by a train

OH BTW for people who do not know this, 48% of the Delta pilots are active duty in the military,

Wow Active Duty? How do they find the time to fly for Delta?

I am sure there are guys at SkyWest, ASA, Mesa, ect who would love to fly a B757, 737 or even a 767 for half the cost of what you guys make but that is the difference between a Delta Pilot and a Regional Pilot.
The problem

one thing has nothing to do with the other bud.

Look, as an Airline employee, you should know better. You have just reduced yourself to the irrational, mindless, general-public schmuck that you deal with at the counter all day. Do yourself a favor and don't start this conversation with any of your coworker pilots k?

Grove said:
*edit*

wow

Good idea editing that. I read it and almost puked. You would work without a contract---with no protections--no seniority list, no scope, no nothing? You would? That is what DL wants. Sound fun to you? Would you scab too? Good edit.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is on a grander scale than just pilots being greedy. This has to do with corporations exploiting bankruptcy to force concessions, even if it means that Delta has to die. The UAW contracts are coming up for renegotiations and if Delta is exploited, it is in the best interest of every major car company in America to file bankruptcy. Then after all is said and done, no one will be able to afford travel and you will be back in the same position as before. Nothing I’ve seen out of the airlines in recent times reflects that of the legitimate and ethical business system, that has to be stopped at all costs.

1) No, I am not on Drugs nor am I drunk.....

2) Yes, I would still fly even with out a contract and only If I was going to get paid a little less.

3) Oh Yes, Believe it or not, a regional pilot would take your job for half what you are making per hour, there are many guy waiting for your job, only problem is that Delta can not train them while under Chapter 11.

4) Who do you think you all are kidding anyways? Do you all think you will be able to get another job making at least 100k flying or another job period? When an employer sees that you were a pilot for Delta, do you really think they will hire you? Nope! Sorry folks, instead they will think, "Why would we want to hire this guy or gal abanded their last job at Delta, why do we want someone who walked off from their last job?" I would only hire you guys if hell was to freeze over!! Be realistic guys! I am sure some of you all will say, well I have another job outside Delta. Great, clean out your locker, turn in your resignation to the chief pilot and have a good life!

Oh, I am very aware of all the schooling you guys go thru, very aware! I was a pilot until I got my medical condition, so I cannot hold a first class medical. And I am also aware of your contact as well and I hope that ALPO along with Delta Management will come to some sort of an agreement.

And as to the Waaaamblace comment, it’s the pilots for Delta when they don't get there way. Gee, I wish I could buy that new boat this summer.

Flyguy801 said:

3) Oh Yes, Believe it or not, a regional pilot would take your job for half what you are making per hour, there are many guy waiting for your job, only problem is that Delta can not train them while under Chapter 11.

Here's one regional pilot who wouldn't want to fly at Delta for anything less than they currently make. Their wages are already competitive with other airlines'. A senior AirTran 737 captain makes about as much as their coutnerpart at Delta, in fact significantly more if you just compare the hourly wages. Don't even mention southwest. With further paycuts, not to mention the instability of the company, Delta is simply not a very attractive place for any pilot to work, even for a scab I think.

You are grossly mis-representing the feelings of regional pilots with this statement. There may be a few at Comair and the RJDC who couldn't care less about mainline scope clauses, but the rest of us low-lifes DO want to have a decent mainline job to go to someday. If the Delta pilots give in here, this career is even more worthless than it is already. Sure, I fly a 50 seat RJ, but I certainly wish that it was flown by mainline....even though that likely means I would not be flying it right now. At least in that scenario, whoever would be sitting this seat would have a respectable future to look forward to. Instead, I'm here, looking forward to being whipsawed for flying that will be awarded to the lowest bidder, i.e. the cheapset worker.

There is no way that Delta would be able to staff the airline with scabs...they simply could not survive the initial strike long enough to do it. To survive the strike they'd have to figure out someway to avoid liquidation for at least a month or so, by which point they would've needed to have broken the union and convinced the DL pilots to start crossing, a la CO in the 80's. Not going to happen in DL's current situation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back