• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't ever let an unskilled gate agent discourage you guys from what you know is right. If they knew jack, they would support you 110%. They are being walked all over too but are too ignorant to realize it. There are a bunch of Delta guys in my squadron and I know their resolve is like nothing I've ever seen. Delta pilots will not flinch. Delta will cease to exist if mgt does not get their collective head out of their collective a$$. The entire industry is watching and your resolve will prove to be a catalyst for pilot negotiations all over.

~~~^~~~ said:
737 Pylt - OK, why do mainline pilots keep taking regional pilots jobs for less pay? Like the Northwest and US Air pilots have already done.
Who's taken any jobs from regional pilots?? There has been more expansion in the part of the regionals than any other growth in the history of aviation. But we've known you to deviate from the truth, kind of like your "the DL pilots want to take my pass privileges from me."

You keep guessing about other peoples' motivations when you don't know their motivations. Your allegations are not proof of anything.

There's no guessing my young greedy friend. Your lawsuit is based on GREED! I have read your lawsuit. So did judge Glasser, and that is why he threw out 9 of 10 of your claims!

The history of contracts and pay scales during this race to the bottom proves the point that regional pilots need scope within the brand.

You mean like when your CMR brothers took pay concessions for the promise of new aircraft which you were one of those who attacked them? The only point to prove here is that your group (the rjdc) is nothing more than a "greedy bunch" of losers who, when times were good in the 1990's were too lazy to give up their captain's seats and apply to the majors. It was much easier to sue to get something that you didn't deserve. I welcome the CAL scabs back inot the union, at least they wait until we're out of work before trying to steal it!

Flyguy801 said:
1) No, I am not on Drugs nor am I drunk.....

2) Yes, I would still fly even with out a contract and only If I was going to get paid a little less.

3) Oh Yes, Believe it or not, a regional pilot would take your job for half what you are making per hour, there are many guy waiting for your job, only problem is that Delta can not train them while under Chapter 11.

4) Who do you think you all are kidding anyways? Do you all think you will be able to get another job making at least 100k flying or another job period? When an employer sees that you were a pilot for Delta, do you really think they will hire you? Nope! Sorry folks, instead they will think, "Why would we want to hire this guy or gal abanded their last job at Delta, why do we want someone who walked off from their last job?" I would only hire you guys if hell was to freeze over!! Be realistic guys! I am sure some of you all will say, well I have another job outside Delta. Great, clean out your locker, turn in your resignation to the chief pilot and have a good life!

Oh, I am very aware of all the schooling you guys go thru, very aware! I was a pilot until I got my medical condition, so I cannot hold a first class medical. And I am also aware of your contact as well and I hope that ALPO along with Delta Management will come to some sort of an agreement.

And as to the Waaaamblace comment, it’s the pilots for Delta when they don't get there way. Gee, I wish I could buy that new boat this summer.

Any regonal pilot that want to go to the majors wouldn't do the job for half, and if they're smart without a contract! What would be the point. You are an idiot. Your the reason we all think delta gate agents suck.

Flyguy801 said:
Funny thing….I do not remember hearing “Strike” at United when they were in Chapter 11th, but that is because they have a Brain.

Yeah, their management wasn't foolish enough to file an 1113c motion to reject a recently negotiated consensual restructuring agreement with their pilots.

I guess you fall in line with the ready, shoot, aim crowd. Instead of ranting against the pilots, who are simply defending themselves against a misguided 1113 motion filed by management and litigated by a LORENZO lawyer, perhaps you should rant against the management team that filed the motion to begin with in an effort to not honor its obligations to its employees.

Last edited:
Flyguy801 said:
1) And I am also aware of your contact as well and I hope that ALPO along with Delta Management will come to some sort of an agreement.quote]

Then you must know that we already have a restructuring agreement in place, it's just that management wants to reject it. Don't let the facts get in the way of your vitriol and fear Flyguy.

Hmmmm . . . . . where is your anger toward the management that put the pilots in this position?

Three years ago, Delta had over $6 Billion in cash . . . . and Leo Mullin peed it away . . . . and then was rewarded with $14 million to leave.

The pilots have given up a third of their pay, and now the company wants to throw out their contract altogether. No contract = no flying. Pretty simple stuff. Even an idiot like yourself should be able to understand that.

Sounds like flyguy801 just wants the rest of you brought down to his level. (Since he can't be a pilot.

Stand tough Delta.

General- why don't you give the Skywest retoric a rest. It's getting old and I for one will NOT fly struck work.

801 Dude / Duddete … you are in way over your pointy little head

“furloaded” … it is spelled “furloughed” … I know, I was FURLOUGHED

“pay cut” … yep, 32.5% in 2004 + 18% + ???

“just a gate agent” … not for long if mgt gets the scope that they want … you will get replaced by a DCI gate agent … working for half of what you make

“comfy jail” … ??

“48% of the Delta pilots are active duty in the military, if they strike, the will lose the pension from the Government too.” … tell us where you dreamed this nonsense

“I am sure there are guys at SkyWest, ASA, Mesa, ect who would love to fly a B757, 737 or even a 767 for half the cost of what you guys make” … you may be correct here but I doubt it as many as you think … heck … you could probably apply for a job …oops, sorry, you aren’t qualified

Do yourself a favor and get informed, know the facts. Life is tough ... it is tougher when you are stuck on stupid.

Flyguy80/whatever your name is,

I have so many problems with your opinion I don't even know where to start so I'll just say stuff your whole post up your as*. That should suffice.

Go Delta Boys!! I've got a blank check for your strike assessment. This Job is going to be worth doing or it won't. Let every F'ing airline go under. They will not build their castle on our backs anymore. Enough!!

United we stand, divided we fall.

If airline management could tear up the contract and throw out the book of federal regs, they would. Then they would have pilots flying over 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. The heck with safety, much less a good place to work.

Delta Pilots have already taken extremely large concessions. If Delta needs more, then why don't they show the numbers and continue to negotiate rather than asking to reject an entire contract! Delta management is completely irrational. Management will cause a strike. Management will shut down the airline. Not the pilots. Plain and simple, don't reject the entire pilot's contract.

I used to be a commuter pilot. I never wanted to work for half or whatever you said.

I don't know why I'm even wasting my breath with you Flyguy801.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back