• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta pilots - Thanks for raising the bar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a DAL pilot on my jumpseat the other day who said he had voted no. He said that all the ATL pilots are a bunch of yes men.

Well, at least you aren't ignoring me.
Look, I'm happy there were gains, but I will not "thank" you when the price was 70 more outsourced large RJs. Especially at this point in time when AA and unical are fighting to keep that sized airplane off the property.
What you did was inexcusable.
I'm happy your pay is back up, but I think mgmt knows that the downward pressure outsourcing provides will keep that pay in check-

Then thank us for replacing 225 50 seaters with 88 717's. Idiot!! Go educate yourself on our section 1 because you are just making yourself look stupid by talking out your azz.

When has scope EVER been temporary?
Know your history-
If dalpa ever intended on reigning in scope, they wouldn't keep voting to expand it. This vote made outsourcing more efficient by reducing the inefficient planes and replacing the seats with larger more efficient dc-9's - oops,- I mean "RJ's"

Reloading the whipsaw market just as there was economic pressure to reduce it

Yes. Thank you dalpa. Thank you so much

Looks like unlimited 50 seaters was temporary. (which was a huge win, with 300 plus being reduced to 125 total). There will be 148 fewer total RJs. It also appears your 717s were temporary, which is bad for you and good for DL pilots. Oh well.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I made the decision the be happy, yes or no.
If yes, it's a small raise and, I believe, puts the company in a good position going forward. I hated to see more Lar-J's, but it does actually reduce the overall number of airframes and percentage.
If no (for which I voted), perhaps we could negotiate further and do better.
Again, I'm overall content with the short-term contract and small gains...I just had to vote my conscience.

Looks like unlimited 50 seaters was temporary. (which was a huge win, with 300 plus being reduced to 125 total). There will be 148 fewer total RJs. It also appears your 717s were temporary, which is bad for you and good for DL pilots. Oh well.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Amazing that by sure willpower the DAL pilots will be able to force management to park the 50 seaters! Talk about speaking softly and carrying a big stick! Right on admirals...

Bye Bye---General Lee

All RJs are the same eh Ford & Harrison?
(that's your new nickname btw- bc you did their bidding on this one)

I'm sure the 50's that are being parked had everything to do with DALPA....

You had a restriction of 255 70or76 seaters- now you have 325. Spin that all you want- but you used to have limits on 50 seaters.... Until you didn't.
Mgmt took the step back that they wanted to take (bc the 50's were going to be crazy expensive to keep), and took a BIG STEP FORWARD WITH THE SUPERSIZED "RJs".

When are you guys getting CRJ1000's F&H? I mean GL?

Raising the bar? You've got to be kidding me.

DALPA had a TON of leverage because these 50 seat RJ engines need to be changed. They folded for a small payraise that was actually funded by a reduction in profit sharing.

Larger RJs on property for absolutely nothing given to the pilot group. Plus, it barely passed.

Latest resources

Back