• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Pilots Association - DPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's an idea, seat protection for all rj pilots for a minimum of 15 years, plus first crack at all upgrades on the rj go to all fo's of each regional on the senority list at the time of staple. The ability to bid into larger equipment when the new stapled senority number can hold it, and no furloughs of regional pilots unless there is a reduction in rj flying for five years. If the mainliners could agree to that i think you could work out a staple, but you guys don't want to compromise on anything, you just want to have your way and for all of us to just sit back and let you. As I talk to more and more captains at ASA and other carriers I find that most are not willing to sacrafice their present position for the chance to fly a bigger airplane for less money and alot less job security. The fact that regional contracts have gotten better coupled with more growth from scope erosion makes it harder and harder to make the jump. After this last downturn expires in another five years or longer I will have 11 years in at ASA, why would I or anyone else in my position sacrafice it all to jump to the bottom of a list and never have the chance to upgrade again. With the mergers going on now any new hires or the most junior pilots on the new list are looking at a minimum of twenty years to upgrade. For me, I just don't see the benefit of changing lanes.

Do not forget, you have to finish your online degree to qualify for a major. Get back to the books young man!

As an ASA pilot and ALPA volunteer, I will fight ALPA on any move to take my job and give a Delta pilot seniority above me. ALPA had better be careful here. Many of us at ASA are on the fence about ALPA. We realize the benefits and do undertand the strengths of ALPA. We also are concerned about mainline pilots trying to take our jobs. There is a mutually beneficial solution if ALPA can find the leadership.

As an ASA pilot and ALPA volunteer, I will fight ALPA on any move to take my job and give a Delta pilot seniority above me. ALPA had better be careful here. Many of us at ASA are on the fence about ALPA. We realize the benefits and do undertand the strengths of ALPA. We also are concerned about mainline pilots trying to take our jobs. There is a mutually beneficial solution if ALPA can find the leadership.

Your job is a contract job, subject to termination with another regional or Delta and the Delta MEC's decision to insource that flying.

None of these discussions about taking back 76 seat flying mean anything unless management wants to bring the flying back - which they are already doing to a degree by cutting back on 50 seaters (Isn't this what is happening with Cmr now?) and and trying to dump Mesa, and now Skywest for contractual non-performance.

DAL can simply choose not to renegotiate contracts and pick up the lift with mainline acft and your company and jobs start to evaporate. Then you have no job, and it wasn't even ALPA.

If I was King and saw this trend evolving, I'd just sit back and let you spin yourself up and watch your RJDC head explode, enjoy the flying that comes back to the mainline, and not have to deal with all the ankle biting from the RJ ranks.

Too bad the morons running your agenda spoil it for the vast majority who realize even a staple is a immensley good deal.

You know what, you arrogant pricks are forgetting one little point. As soon as these. Contracts are signed with this flying that you "own", it is no longer your flying. ASA has a contract with Delta for x number of airframes, you can put whatever you want in your next contract for all future flying, but what we are doing today we will be doing until our contract with Delta is up. Last time I checked, Skywest Inc didn't sit down with Dalpa to negotiate their lift agreement. Also personally I don't give a ******************** if y'all like us or respect us cause I can tell you the feeling is mutual. Nothing puts a smile on my face faster than getting the last seat on an ASA airplane and leaving a Delta guy behind. Remember it was your grand plan to change our boarding priority after we were sold so that you all could bump our senior guys off your a/c. Guess y'all forgot that alot of your pilots commute out of most of the cities we service. And one more thing, I don't want a staple to anybodys list. I'm perfectly fine where I am thanks. If I want a job at Delta I will apply, though I don't see that happening, I could never amass an ego big enough to fill the double breasted jacket.

Man that was a close one. It is a good thing you are not applying! I think you are short changing yourself. I think you have more than enough ego.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back