• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta pilots-accuracy in reporting re:your contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd like to see us get a time and a half threshold of 75-80 hours in addition, but there are definitely some potential unintended consequences for that.

Yeah, like reduced staffing as all of the flight hoes gobble up trips on days off.

And here's the rest of the ugliness.

Deductions
VEBA $15
LTD $150
MED/DENT $315
401K $3442
Parking $40
PMA (pilot mutual aid voluntary) $32
Union Dues $172

$4166

I'm not a tourney player and that is what I would consider for me a decent month.

$17300 in Gross Pay
$518 in per diem

$17818
-$4166

$13652

adding FED TX,ST TX, SS and MED

-$4179

Taking home around $9473

Pretty sad.

Sounds like the wife should get a job if you can't make ends meet.

If it makes you feel any better, I'd have to credit 112 hours of international pay to gross that much.

Are you on 12 year Captain pay?

When using your peers as a barometer to be compared to (which everyone does, mgt and unions alike) hIghest paid doesn't mean $hit if you're self funding everything else and in some cases (medical) paying an exorbitantly higher cost than your peers.

As I wrote earlier, I'm not trying to turn this into a d$ck measuring contest. I'm genuinely interested in how we stack up to our peers. IN EVERY AREA, and then I (and hopefully) others will be fully armed to defend or reject whatever TA we get from our NC.

Having been here as long as I have I have no trust in our union leadership to give me a factual document in that regard. And, to take it one step further, union dudes absolutely LOATHE having to deal with someone that is more informed about the TA and others contracts than they are.

This will be the first TA where I've gotten more than just a quick peek behind the curtain at someone else's contract before debating it with the "experts"

Are you on 12 year Captain pay?

When using your peers as a barometer to be compared to (which everyone does, mgt and unions alike) hIghest paid doesn't mean $hit if you're self funding everything else and in some cases (medical) paying an exorbitantly higher cost than your peers.

As I wrote earlier, I'm not trying to turn this into a d$ck measuring contest. I'm genuinely interested in how we stack up to our peers. IN EVERY AREA, and then I (and hopefully) others will be fully armed to defend or reject whatever TA we get from our NC.

Having been here as long as I have I have no trust in our union leadership to give me a factual document in that regard. And, to take it one step further, union dudes absolutely LOATHE having to deal with someone that is more informed about the TA and others contracts than they are.

This will be the first TA where I've gotten more than just a quick peek behind the curtain at someone else's contract before debating it with the "experts"

Sorry, my bad, didn't intend to sound like a smart @ss. I appreciate the dialogue and I understand what you are trying to do. No, I'm not a Captain, and frankly I didn't think you were either based on your numbers. Obviously, I should have paid closer attention. I hear so much boasting on here about what guys are making that I'm surprised to see a SWA Captain post the numbers you did.

Glad to help as much as able with any questions you have.

Sorry, my bad, didn't intend to sound like a smart @ss. I appreciate the dialogue and I understand what you are trying to do. No, I'm not a Captain, and frankly I didn't think you were either based on your numbers. Obviously, I should have paid closer attention. I hear so much boasting on here about what guys are making that I'm surprised to see a SWA Captain post the numbers you did.

Glad to help as much as able with any questions you have.

No sweat. I guess this begs the next question. In the interest of continuity I was using DAL 737 800 12 year Cpt pay which I got from APC as $210 per hour.

Ours is $190 tfp. If any of my $hit is wrong, please correct it. Doing math in public is never a fun thing but there's nothing to be gained (by either side) in putting up bad info.

Thanks for posting.

No sweat. I guess this begs the next question. In the interest of continuity I was using DAL 737 800 12 year Cpt pay which I got from APC as $210 per hour.

Ours is $190 tfp. If any of my $hit is wrong, please correct it. Doing math in public is never a fun thing but there's nothing to be gained (by either side) in putting up bad info.

Thanks for posting.

That is correct... $210.60...goes to 216.92 on 1 Jan.

Latest resources

Back