• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta orders 30 "mini-jets"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why the he!! are CRJ-900s being referred to as mini-jets?

We need to stuff passengers on the VLJ so their definition of a mini-jet will be redefined.

Why the he!! are CRJ-900s being referred to as mini-jets?

We need to stuff passengers on the VLJ so their definition of a mini-jet will be redefined.

"Mini" isn't referring to the size: it's referring to the paycheck.

Because they ARE mini jets. I know a lot of you guys like to fly the "heavy". But face it, anything smaller than a 88 or 73 is a mini jet. Try sitting in the back for these 3+ hour flights.

By the way, those that are applying and thinking of applying the ASA. I was told by one of the interviewers that if you pass the interview you are offered a class date on the spot.

Also, our Chief pilot that visits the recurrent classes, is telling the class that if the pilots of ASA dont have a contract to vote on after the JAN 8th negotiation session, that he will be very surprised. And if we dont, then we will be very close.

Medeco

Corrected the date, Im still in 2006

Last edited:
Because they ARE mini jets. I know a lot of you guys like to fly the "heavy". But face it, anything smaller than a 88 or 73 is a mini jet. Try sitting in the back for these 3+ hour flights.

This sucks.....way to go Delta................ but I think that CR9s are about the same size as the first models of both DC-9 and 737. I agree that the dimensions are pitiful(embraer has done a better job), but weights don't lie. For conversation's sake give me a 10,000lb window of error.

Now, anything over 50 seats should not be at a regional operator. Management wins.

Latest resources

Back