• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta-Northwest Deal at Risk

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This needs to either go away or do it based on Career expectations. Career expectations is the only fair way to do it.

Well now that we are all measuring dicks, I will be in the top 100 my last 8yrs, top 50 last 5, top 10 for 3 and eventually 1 for the last yr. Do I expect to be that after the merger? Probably not but I expect to be close. I think guys on this board need to chill because in the long term the airlines need each other. This airline could be a lasting powerhouse that could compete with domestic (both lccs and legacies) and foreign airlines with worldwide coverage. We could, do to the revenue the enterprise generates get OUR pay up where it belongs along with both of our ********************ty excuses for retirements.

Just checked. Year 2040 I'll be DAL #7. Even though I live in Michigan and commute to NYC from DTW, I'd rather continue this commute than get screwed on seniority for the next 32 years.

Well now that we are all measuring dicks, I will be in the top 100 my last 8yrs, top 50 last 5, top 10 for 3 and eventually 1 for the last yr. Do I expect to be that after the merger? Probably not but I expect to be close. I think guys on this board need to chill because in the long term the airlines need each other. This airline could be a lasting powerhouse that could compete with domestic (both lccs and legacies) and foreign airlines with worldwide coverage. We could, do to the revenue the enterprise generates get OUR pay up where it belongs along with both of our ********************ty excuses for retirements.

I agree...especially with oil crossing over the $100 mark. We need to stop bit$%ing and start getting along.

I agree...especially with oil crossing over the $100 mark. We need to stop bit$%ing and start getting along.

Merging companies will not lower the cost of fuel. I think we have a pretty good thing going at Delta, as do the NW guys at NW. I don't see any benefit for the Delta pilots in this merger. The only thing to offer Delta pilots would be a favorable SLI....without it most Delta pilots would favor going it on our own.

That's all I ask. Do I expect exactly the same as I have right now, no. But I think it should be close.

Yes, that is all anyone should want. The whole thing about slapping the Delta guys on the bottom of the list is the part that is unfair.

by the way SUPERPILOT,
That chick is really hot.

Hey General,

Maybe you have more current information, but here is what I pulled up on the Delta.com website regarding aircraft operating and orders:

777-200ER: Owned: 8 Leased: 0 Orders: 0 Options: 0
777-200LR: Owned: 0 Leased: 0 Orders: 8 Options: 11
737 (both types): 50 orders and 60 options
Nothing for the MD90s regarding orders or options

--------
I am just trying to get the facts...

Newhires were told that we will have a total of 20 777s (12 more than we have now) within 2 years (we have 3 firm orders this year, along with 6 firm coming Dec 31st to March 31st of next year). They were told we were going to get a few more from another leasing source. As far as the MD90s go, we were scheduled to get 9 this year (we even trained all of the CVG MD88 pilots on the MD90 already), and that there were over 100 available. In fact Saudia just put 28 up for sale. The others we have looked at in person are from these airlines-- JAS (Japan Air System), China Northern, and China Eastern. Anderson was "one signature" away from signing for a bunch of those, when this merger stuff supposedly popped up. We had guys looking at them as I said before in person. We have MD90 FTDs and SIMs, and we have mechanics who can fix them. We also just finished getting 17 AA 757-200ERs with winglets, and will get 7 737-700s this year, with a total of 25 with options.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Excuse me? Who's acquiring whom? Clearly NWA has more elderly pensioner pilots. That would not be fair IMHO. I agree with current percentage formula - if you are currently at 20% of the Delta group, you should be at 20% for the combined carrier (after giving up the top 400 slots to NWA). That seems fair to me...quote]

How about this for a way to account for the upcoming NWA retirements and post 9/11 hires:

- Throw out everyone over 55
- Throw out everyone hired post 9/11 (any 2007 hires should not go in front of 2001 hires)
- Seat the rest with relative seniority (5% stays 5%, 30% stays 30%...)
- Add back in the over 55 folks where they would fall on their original respective list
- Blend (or DOH) the post 9/11 hires at the bottom

To tell the truth, I have no idea where I'd fall but it does sound somewhat equitable and takes near term retirements into account.

Schwanker

Don't believe what you read in the press. This is posturing and pressuring to "get er' done" The un-named source in the articles is OTL.

The time pressure is purely artificial and self imposed to force the deal. This can and probably will drag out several more weeks.

In the end I think the DAL and NWA MEC's will reach as fair a deal as possible.

Last edited:
General Lee;1522498[COLOR=red[COLOR=navy said:
]]Newhires were told that we will have a total of 20 777s[/color] (12 more than we have now) within 2 years[/color] (we have 3 firm orders this year, along with 6 firm coming Dec 31st to March 31st of next year). They were told we were going to get a few more from another leasing source. As far as the MD90s go, we were scheduled to get 9 this year (we even trained all of the CVG MD88 pilots on the MD90 already), and that there were over 100 available. In fact Saudia just put 28 up for sale. The others we have looked at in person are from these airlines-- JAS (Japan Air System), China Northern, and China Eastern. Anderson was "one signature" away from signing for a bunch of those, when this merger stuff supposedly popped up. We had guys looking at them as I said before in person. We have MD90 FTDs and SIMs, and we have mechanics who can fix them. We also just finished getting 17 AA 757-200ERs with winglets, and will get 7 737-700s this year, with a total of 25 with options.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You were supposed to get a pay raise this year. Just because it comes out of your management's mouth doesn't make it true.

Latest resources

Back