• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Newhire training question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are a civilian, expect to get called with at least 4000 hrs ttl, with at least 600 turbine PIC. There are others hired with less but those are for other programs.
Good friend of mine who is a guy just got the conditional offer with less time, but he has a long and good history with Delta. Worked his way up from the bottom and did a great job at every level type.

I don't think gender matters in the way some people are suggesting it does on this thread. My friend's time was around where some of the women have been hired. Delta is just looking for sharp pilots who will do a good job and contribute something to the Company's success.

The class that just came in yesterday has a bunch of ATL 88 and 73N slots in it. Also it is now official they have new hire 767 pilot. There are two that got ATL.
How does this work? Is there a monthly bid, or are these Atlanta slots on the advanced entitlement gone after the first batches of new hires are placed?

Any more school house prognostications for hiring and training this summer / fall?

Thanks

How does this work? Is there a monthly bid, or are these Atlanta slots on the advanced entitlement gone after the first batches of new hires are placed?

Any more school house prognostications for hiring and training this summer / fall?

Advance entitlements come out when the company needs. In the near future though, I would expect one every 2-3 months.

on the last bid there were 767 slots that went unfilled. Once it is unfilled in a bid they can offer it to new hires. And yes, once it is filled by a new hire, that slot is gone. But as I said, there are more bids coming.

Hiring, I would expect two classes of about 20-25 each month for a near future (six months to a year).

I am prolly coming back off mil lv in Jan...is Crew Sched still giving us recallees whatever AC they need us on or do we get a pref?

I am prolly coming back off mil lv in Jan...is Crew Sched still giving us recallees whatever AC they need us on or do we get a pref?

don't know the answer to that. Call crew resources and ask em. There are great people in that office and they are always happy to answer a question.

What is currently planned is a class of atleast 20 every two weeks for the rest of the year.
What was said is correct. They will put new hires where they need them. This worked well for the guys in this class. A bunch got ATL right off the bat and did not have to go to NYC.
They are moving up the conversions from the last AE. That is the reason that some of these guys got ATL. Initially they were all NYC and late yesterday crew resources came in and changed it. It is constantly changing. Literally day by bay.
Like Michael said there will be AE's every two months or so. Word is that one will be out in July or Aug. It could come out sooner. Unlike many places Delta only puts out a posting of awards when they need to.

For those of you with upcoming interviews word on the street is the process is getting some changes effective after today. Also, Jon Swift is stepping down to fly the 777. Not sure who will be taking the reigns of pilot selection/interviews now.

The class that just came in yesterday has a bunch of ATL 88 and 73N slots in it. Also it is now official they have new hire 767 pilot. There are two that got ATL.

The only reason that newhires got the 767 is because they went unfilled on the last bid. That is the only contractual provision that allows it. Assuming that most positions ARE filled on the bids, then newhires are restricted to the M88 or 73N.

Latest resources

Back