• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not complaining, a Delta new hire will make more than any other Legacy new hire there first year. Not just in take home pay but 401k matching, it all adds up. 1300.00 bucks for a room is still cheaper than 7000 for a type rating.

Why do pilots always accept mediocrity when we should demand so much more for the utter bs we put up with? Hotel should be paid during training. Nothing less. Enough of the nonsense. The cost to the company is nothing when you're making a billion gazinks.

delta pays for hotel in indoc, pilot picks it up for rest of month, about 400 for a shared place near training center. numerous places to stay at. as far as hotels no american legacy stays at better hotels overall worldwide. some small towns dont have great places to stay but overall our hotels are very nice.

I am not complaining, a Delta new hire will make more than any other Legacy new hire there first year. Not just in take home pay but 401k matching, it all adds up. 1300.00 bucks for a room is still cheaper than 7000 for a type rating.

Not a small point... Deltas 401K contributions are not matching, they are additional money above your hourly rate. You don't have to put in a penny to get them. At 69 per hour, you get 10.35 additional deposited in your 401k, so you're really getting 79.35 per hour.

NWAf16 that is a great way to look at it. I have saved quite a bit of money but was still concerned about first year pay but when you put it in those terms I really will only be making $7 per hour less than a reserve pay at Endeavor. At year 2 it is a raise for sure.

I thought the DAL 401K was 12% but it looks like your math show 15%?

NWAf16 that is a great way to look at it. I have saved quite a bit of money but was still concerned about first year pay but when you put it in those terms I really will only be making $7 per hour less than a reserve pay at Endeavor. At year 2 it is a raise for sure.

I thought the DAL 401K was 12% but it looks like your math show 15%?

It was 12% into the DC fund, plus a 2% match onto the 401K. They are merging the two Jan 1st, plus adding 1% Jan 1st via the contract anyway. So, you get 15% of whatever you make for the month put into a Fidelity account, and you don't have to add anything yourself. Other carriers require you to put in something and they will "match" up to 9%. This requires zero. If you make $10K in a month, DL would add $1500 into the retirement account. That is also true for the profit sharing check on Feb 14th each year. So, you get the profit sharing check, plus an additional 15% on the 14th, then you get you regular check on the 15th, plus an additional 15% again on that check. February has a lot of DC contributions. And, you can add more of your own if you want also. People can max out on those contributions for the year if they want.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back