• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to change gears, but where do the new Delta guys stay for training? I heard that newhires have to pay for their own housing, is that true?

Hasn't this thread been done a 100 times??

Back to hiring- how do delta pilots feel about hiring pilots with no pic?

Completely agree!

General back on ignore.

Again, congrats on Delta hiring. Good luck to those with interviews. I know United made guys pay for housing, but hadn't heard if DL does.

From what I have heard Delta picks up the hotel for indoc and you have to pay for your hotel the rest of the time. I heard new hires either stay at a Motel 6 or Super 8 anyone know which one it is.

No PIC- that's an odd concept at a major- not in the pilot's control, but that seems like mgmt games.

A little more likely to vote yes?

How are they in the flight deck-?

I learned so much switching seats so often in my career- my FO time is valuable, but I AM A better FO now bc I have sat captain so often. And up to a legacy FO, and back to a regional FO, then regional capt, then charter FO, charter capt, now major FO agai
Seeing both sides so often helps-

What's the logic behind justifying a major airline hire with NO PIC.

That's a bit crazy to me even if I'm sure many are talented and good

I think that is old data. United does pay for housing during training. Last I read DL does not pay for housing.

DL gives two weeks of hotel and then you get a paycheck every two weeks. Current pay for new hires is $68 an hour, which is $28 more per hour than AA/US, and a lot higher than most. Plus, you don't have to pay extra for a 737 type rating.... Plus, 5000 pilots will retire over the next decade.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back