• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow! Most junior CA (Maddog NYC) went to a 8,200ish seniority number with approx. 11,700ish on the list.

There were also 10 ATL 777 FO awards, and two of them were MD88 Captains (in the 4000 range) and one 320 Capt.(in the 3000 range). Some guys get sick of domestic flying....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Bc DALPA sells out domestic flying

Truly- you should leave all that to Skywest- they can at least stay on the runway.

Is that the qual's for delta pilot? No PIC necessary- just a willingness to sellout?

Last edited:
Rumors abound stating 600 max per year, primarily because there will plenty of internal trainings due to continual retirements and resulting upgrades etc. 5000 pilots are due to retire in the next 10 years, with 2020-2023 having over 800 pilots retire each of the 4 years, and then 650 in 2024. When one top guy retires off of a wide body Capt seat, up to 8 or 9 people move up also, thanks to the different plane types and currently different pay for each plane. (Not much pay banding except 744/777 and 765/330). So, if 800 Capts leave in one year, you can see the resulting training that could happen, and that could mean huge upward movement over a few years. Good times....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Officially, hiring stands at 300 in 2014. When one guy retires off a wide-body seat, there are only a couple training events. First of all, they are not replacing the retiring pilots at a ratio of 1 to 1. Second of all, the 7ER captain that takes the widebody pilot's seat is not being replaced so the music stops there at 1 or 2 training events (7er to 764/330 to 777/747). This is really optimistic. I am in the most junior category and right now I am moving backwards during AE's with 0 displacements.

Officially, hiring stands at 300 in 2014. When one guy retires off a wide-body seat, there are only a couple training events. First of all, they are not replacing the retiring pilots at a ratio of 1 to 1. Second of all, the 7ER captain that takes the widebody pilot's seat is not being replaced so the music stops there at 1 or 2 training events (7er to 764/330 to 777/747). This is really optimistic. I am in the most junior category and right now I am moving backwards during AE's with 0 displacements.

Ummm, officially that is true, but not among training types. All I've heard is 600 a year for the next decade. And, one retirement upcoming will mean 8-9 trainings. Right now they aren't backfilling when guys vacate certain planes, but plans are changing, and as you can see, the last bid had zero ER displacements, and actually ER entitlements on the next bid in 30-45 days. That says a lot. Total reversal. Guys will also retire off the top, and those are generally Wide Body pilots. Eventually people will move up.The higher profits mean more of the 757s may stay around longer. The 717 backlog in training also slowed things down, but that will be fixed by the next bid.

Eventually, things will move very quickly. Returning furlough bypass guys took up the first chunk of slots, and returning Military guys got to blend in at whatever seniority they could hold. That meant some went directly into the ER. Now that that is over, things will move along. Did you see all of the ER FOs in ATL move to Capt on the 88? Next bid they will backfill, and people will move up plenty. Being at the bottom for the past few years has been slow, but things will advance shortly.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Bc DALPA sells out domestic flying

Truly- you should leave all that to Skywest- they can at least stay on the runway.

Is that the qual's for delta pilot? No PIC necessary- just a willingness to sellout?

Maybe you didn't hear about the 88 717s coming in to recapture old mainline routes given to DCI after BK. You probably didn't....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I am in the most junior category and right now I am moving backwards during AE's with 0 displacements.

Sorry to hear that Hockey. I've heard the same from my buddies at Delta. It's nice to have someone come on here and actually speak the truth now and then, instead of the same old BS the General tries to spout.

I heard-

717's flying what they fly doesn't change the mission a -900 is designed to do

So we'll see

A month off FI if you're wrong general?

A -900 is to replace the mission some of the 757s have been doing....stuff like MCO-ATL, ATL-DCA or SEA-SLC. All that up down almost regional crap just to provide the highest seat count.

Lots of 757s are going away (which sucks, best plane built for the mission) and these are the routes it will replace not the Transcons or anything over 4 hours.

A -900 is to replace the mission some of the 757s have been doing....stuff like MCO-ATL, ATL-DCA or SEA-SLC. All that up down almost regional crap just to provide the highest seat count.

Lots of 757s are going away (which sucks, best plane built for the mission) and these are the routes it will replace not the Transcons or anything over 4 hours.

Uhhh, that's being slowed down supposedly. (757 retirements). Some 5500 block numbers from NWA, probably. Others, not as fast. Huge profits have some looking at different possibilities.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And we're talking about the crj-900's bill.

So how about it GL- a month off FI if crj-900's are still doing 717 major market to major market type flying? Like they are now

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back