Delta New Hire Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

c2chilimac

Does anyone know how to find out when to expect a class up date after the conditional job offer at Delta. Is there an HR rep that deals with the new hires?

There is nothing official but I would expect to see DAL go to at least two classes a month starting in May or June.

You could call the woman that is listed on you offer of employment letter, but she cannot give out a date. It does not matter when you interviewed. DAL will call you as they see fit. The want a certain demographic in each class and if you were the last one interviewed and you fit it you could get in the next class. There is no seniority in the pool. Most get called in order, but some get calls sooner than others. Either way you will be here soon, and glad that this is the decision that you made.
On a side note, this place is going to take off. They are lean and mean, and will not do something unless it makes sense for them long term. It is quite a departure from the old Delta.

Call the number on your "conditional offer of employment" and you will know if you are approved to go forward for training. As far as when you will go to class, acl65 said it best. Good luck to you.

Rumor has it that the list of those with offers will be depleted by the end of May.

After May I expect 40 new hires a month. Could be 200 this year to 700 this year. All of it depends on Delta after bankruptcy. There is a plan in place for markets, aircraft acquisition and utilization, and customer service. As these things take shape, Delta will too.

Currently, are there any calls going out for interviews, or are they waiting for the bankruptcy issue to be resolved first? Seems pretty quite on the interview front.

Currently, are there any calls going out for interviews, or are they waiting for the bankruptcy issue to be resolved first? Seems pretty quite on the interview front.

yes, the brother of one of my buddies got a call last week for an interview the first week of may.

My buddy interviewed Wednesday and Thursday of last week. Delta hired five out of six that interviewed. He was told to expect a class in June so yes Delta is hiring strong.

Latest resources

Back