• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta New Hire Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huh? You are an idiot. Delta's bases are ten times better than CAL's armpit bases, and you know it. ATL is far better than IAH, and CVG is not cold as CLE by a mile. And, if you want to be super lonely, move to Guam. Delta's LA and SLC bases not only give options to live at those places, but open up commuting possibilities on the West Coast, which is a heck of a lot better than CAL. You get over yourself and wake up. And yes, NWA also has some crummy bases. CAL and NWA win for worst bases. Are you happy now?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sometimes I read your posts and wonder if you actually work in an airline cockpit. Are you really a high school dropout with lots of spare time?

disclaimer - don't work for DAL, CAL or NWA - just amazed by your egocentric drivel.

Sometimes I read your posts and wonder if you actually work in an airline cockpit. Are you really a high school dropout with lots of spare time?

disclaimer - don't work for DAL, CAL or NWA - just amazed by your egocentric drivel.

I actually know what I am talking about. And yes, I do fly, but mostly turns, so I am home often at night.

Bye Bye--General Lee

DAL business plan is one that will take many by surprise. This management team has some big goals, but they will be cautious. After the last few years that is a big relief to the front line worker. It has to be the correct deal for aircraft, new routes etc. They are very resistant to the idea of doing something just to do it. This may change, but to date the realize the mistakes of the 90's.
Lets have this debate in a year and see where people would want to be. The hot ticket places today will not be the same tomorrow. We all know that. Make a personal choice about YOUR airline, and then work hard at getting on there. Everyone has different reasons for being where they are.

I'm not sure I would want to upgrade and sit reserve for 6 years in EWR doing EWR-FL turns..

Don't worry. If you're on reserve in EWR you won't be doing Florida turns! If you're at 50% you won't be doing Florida turns (well, maybe on a weekend...) Think BOS and DCA. :D :crying:

The most junior captain line holder on the 737 in EWR is probably around the '98 hire range. I could look it up but..... I really don't care that much.

I thought Delta was going to buy JetBlue??!!!!!

I've heard several rumors, but nothing concrete. The way it was explained to me is that it would be cheaper than trying to rebuild the current terminal at JFK which would cost $2 billion and take 5 years.

seriously, ive got a delta buddy who thinks i should apply there. im close to airbus captain at jetblue and also probably will be recalled to AA in a year and a half. 6 yr pay or 11 year pay if LOS if given at AA.....go to delta? im thinking no.
Then stay where you are!

Latest resources

Back