Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta multiple jumpseat agreement with SWA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TAZ MAN

Message to the SWA pilots:

"Southwest Airlines recently signed a Multi-Jumpseat Reciprocal Agreement with Delta Airlines. We have implemented the agreement and welcome any Delta Pilots under the terms of the agreement. However, SWA Pilots are currently not yet approved to travel on Delta under the agreement. Delta Airlines is experiencing a delay in the implementation of business processes and rules of the agreement. We expect Delta to have finished the implementation of the agreement within this month. We will let you know once Delta has finished the implementation and SWA Pilots are approved. In the mean time please continue to allow Delta Pilots to travel under the Multi-Jumpseat reciprocal Agreement."

SWA guys are class acts-!! Bet it wouldn't happen the other way around.

TAZ MAN said:

Message to the SWA pilots:

"Southwest Airlines recently signed a Multi-Jumpseat Reciprocal Agreement with Delta Airlines. We have implemented the agreement and welcome any Delta Pilots under the terms of the agreement. However, SWA Pilots are currently not yet approved to travel on Delta under the agreement. Delta Airlines is experiencing a delay in the implementation of business processes and rules of the agreement. We expect Delta to have finished the implementation of the agreement within this month. We will let you know once Delta has finished the implementation and SWA Pilots are approved. In the mean time please continue to allow Delta Pilots to travel under the Multi-Jumpseat reciprocal Agreement."

SWA guys are class acts-!! Bet it wouldn't happen the other way around.

What? Why wouldn't it happen the other way around? That makes no sense. We are happy to have this agreement and look forward to its implementation. And, we are looking forward to others being made soon. CASS will start in AUG. too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
What? Why wouldn't it happen the other way around? That makes no sense. We are happy to have this agreement and look forward to its implementation. And, we are looking forward to others being made soon. CASS will start in AUG. too.

I say that General because there was a time where you guys didn't have any jumpseat agreements and SWA was hauling you guys around for years before you finally negotiated one. Its just that an old time institution like the DAL's and AA's just don't give anything away before they get it themselves.

Delta would have waited for SWA to get "business processes and rules of the agreement" before they would have honored the agreement.

Of course I am just speculating. ;)

I have jumpseated on Delta a couple times and you guys treated me extremely well.

TAZ MAN said:
I say that General because there was a time where you guys didn't have any jumpseat agreements and SWA was hauling you guys around for years before you finally negotiated one. Its just that an old time institution like the DAL's and AA's just don't give anything away before they get it themselves.

Delta would have waited for SWA to get "business processes and rules of the agreement" before they would have honored the agreement.

Of course I am just speculating. ;)

I have jumpseated on Delta a couple times and you guys treated me extremely well.

Good. Yeah, I know we have had problems in our past, and hopefully that will never happen again. I think everyone can see that multiple jumpseats are the way to go, and our negotiating committee saw that too, as our pay rates sank. We are doing the best we can and hopefully we will have that type of agreement with everyone. CASS is on the way shortly. So, your jumpseat to Hawaii awaits.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

ATA is open to all. If there is a seat its yours. Its too bad that more airlines can't make this simple and do the same. I for one am a commuter and tired of Captains pushing off the gates with open seats and leaving commuters behind. I have made the choice to commute but it can be simpler. Thank God for the CASS program!

General Lee What? Why wouldn't it happen the other way around? That makes no sense. We are happy to have this agreement and look forward to its implementation. And said:
WOW LEE...

Your junior varsity status in this industry shows through occasionally..

DELTA is WIDELY known as being LAST when it comes to jumpseat agreements..

Granted... its not your fault... Delta management never wanted to give up that jumpseat... its funny how many of your peers shared managements view that it wouldn't be PROFESSIONAL to open the jumpseat...

I remember a LOT of your peers attitudes in the late 80s to early 90s....

Another example of DELTA ARROGANCE!!

8vATE said:
WOW LEE...

Your junior varsity status in this industry shows through occasionally..

DELTA is WIDELY known as being LAST when it comes to jumpseat agreements..

Granted... its not your fault... Delta management never wanted to give up that jumpseat... its funny how many of your peers shared managements view that it wouldn't be PROFESSIONAL to open the jumpseat...

I remember a LOT of your peers attitudes in the late 80s to early 90s....

Another example of DELTA ARROGANCE!!

Wow. You are sooo jealous. Junior varsity status? What? I knew that we only got our jumpseat in '96, the year I was hired. You have to remember that the company did not want to give it up, equated it to a large pay cut, because they didn't want the other employees to see what unionized people got.

As far as you remembering my "peers" attitudes in the late 80s to 90s---a lot of them are retiring now. I think you should join them, you are very bitter. Let me guess? The psych test eliminated you? I knew it, you sound like a bitter person. There are drugs for that now you know.......

And as far as my arrogance goes with that original post, it sounded originally like a swipe at us when in reality we are doing a lot better than before concerning the jumpseat. We made it a priority with this pay cut to get something back, and they agreed to unlimited flowbacks and CASS. Not bad for a group that couldn't even jump 9 years ago.

Bye Bye--General Lee (promoted to Varsity)

No GL, it is better, but when is it going to happen? I think I must agree with TAZMAN, that this would not have happened the other way around.

Delta mgmnt. is clearly dragging their feet on this, maybe the pilots should light a fire under their chairs.

DAL pilots took a big paycut, but they were nice to negotiate unlimited for the rest of us and I thank you for that. Now, it is time for mgmnt. to live up to that part of the contract. Since you say it is in writing, perhaps the DAL pilots should just do it and thereby return the favor to all those who have given DAL pilots rides, even when they could not reciprocate.

P.S. FWIW, I do not js on Delta!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back