Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta multiple jumpseat agreement with SWA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dizel8 said:
No GL, it is better, but when is it going to happen? I think I must agree with TAZMAN, that this would not have happened the other way around.

Delta mgmnt. is clearly dragging their feet on this, maybe the pilots should light a fire under their chairs.

DAL pilots took a big paycut, but they were nice to negotiate unlimited for the rest of us and I thank you for that. Now, it is time for mgmnt. to live up to that part of the contract. Since you say it is in writing, perhaps the DAL pilots should just do it and thereby return the favor to all those who have given DAL pilots rides, even when they could not reciprocate.

P.S. FWIW, I do not js on Delta!

Well, FWIW I do not jump on Jetblue. Hey, give us a little break here, we are working on it and it has been agreed to. It may be slow, but it will stick and then everyone will be happy. I don't know why it takes forever, but it will happen. If someone reading this doesn't want to help a Delta jumpseater, well, good for them and I hope it makes them feel great.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Lee,

Will the implementation of CASS in Aug just allow offline commuters to ride in the cockpit, or will Delta expand that and allow unlimited jumpseaters/commuters on board?

Gremlin

Of course, I would never say no to a DAL pilot, or F/A for that matter, this is mgmnt. foot dragging.

It just surprises me, given the chunk of money that was handed over, that the DAL pilots have not pushed this issue to its conclusion.

General,

I'm grateful the pilots asked for this & have worked with your management to get it for all concern. I was told CASS would be in place by Feb...it has slipped to April & May...I'm not bitter about it, the hoops to make this work are immense...the same goes for the multiiple JS agreement at any major carrier. The follks who sit on those Jumpseat committees are to be commended & thanked...pls pass along that to your folks General. Management has many issues on their hands & understandably only so much energy/focus to put into issues....it will get done at some point in the near future & a year from now it too will be taken for granted....the normal pilot's (humanity) attitude is "what have you done for me lately?"

I look forward to carrying as many DAL folks as possible in the future along with other multiple jumpseat airlines...thanks to all the folks that make this happen for commuters!!!!

[QUOTE='72Gremlin]Lee,

Will the implementation of CASS in Aug just allow offline commuters to ride in the cockpit, or will Delta expand that and allow unlimited jumpseaters/commuters on board?

Gremlin[/QUOTE]

I think if your airline has CASS, you can go in the jumpseat if there are no seats in back. If there are a lot of seats in back, then unlimited jumps eventually.

Bye Bye--General Lee

chase said:
General,

I'm grateful the pilots asked for this & have worked with your management to get it for all concern. I was told CASS would be in place by Feb...it has slipped to April & May...I'm not bitter about it, the hoops to make this work are immense...the same goes for the multiiple JS agreement at any major carrier. The follks who sit on those Jumpseat committees are to be commended & thanked...pls pass along that to your folks General. Management has many issues on their hands & understandably only so much energy/focus to put into issues....it will get done at some point in the near future & a year from now it too will be taken for granted....the normal pilot's (humanity) attitude is "what have you done for me lately?"

I look forward to carrying as many DAL folks as possible in the future along with other multiple jumpseat airlines...thanks to all the folks that make this happen for commuters!!!!

Thanks Chase. We are working on it and then you guys can have unlimited jumps to HNL and OGG, even in the cockpit.

Bye bye--General Lee

Thanks Chase. We are working on it and then you guys can have unlimited jumps to HNL and OGG, even in the cockpit.

Again, we keep getting overlooked.

ATA has ALWAYS allowed unlimited jumpseaters. We do not require reciprocal agreements. CASS has been implimented as of yesterday. Some of the gate agents are still being spooled up.

HI has always been an option with increasing flights coming this summer from PHX and LAS, as well as LAX and SFO.

Welcome aboard and bring chocolate. Our FA's aren't fat enough.

Hey All,

I am the Jumpseat Coordinator at Southwest and have been working on this agreement with the Jumpseat Coordinator at Delta and directly with the Management folks there.
In Delta's defense,everyone has been working extremely hard to get this to go through. There have been a few snags along the way due to the way Delta lists the jumpseater on the load sheet and in the computer. The number of actual jumpseats on each specific plane has every thing to do with the number of jumpseaters they can enter in the computer and on the load sheet. The problem is where to list the other jumpseaters in an unlimited jumpseat situation. I know it sounds like a simple fix, but changing a computer program on old computers is a little more difficult than it sounds. It is being done and Deta has been great about keeping me updated on the progress. It looks like next week everything should be worked out. I will keep my fingers crossed. I commute out of Atlanta to Baltimore so I am also anxious for this to be in place. Since we at Southwest already offer unlimited jumpseat privledges to other airlines it was a no brainer to add Delta to our list. There was no reason not to allow our fellow brothers at Delta the seats on our planes even though they could not reciprocate at the time the agreement was signed. There is no advantage on Delta's side to drag their feet on this. We are talking about pilots getting to and from work and I am sure everyone involved that understands the process would perfer a guy or girl get to their pairing rather than NO SHOW or call in sick. The latter are not very cost effective for the company.
Thanks,

John

So TAZ MAN, please tell me how you had access to RBF # 05-22 if you are not a Southwest pilot? And if you are, who in management gave you authorization to post a company memo on a public forum?

John,

thanks again for all the work you have done since you took over that job...night & day....you have many folks enduring thanks coming your way....you describe the situation/dilemma well...folks want it right away & it doesn't always work that way...thanks for working the wickets & being persistent about...thanks to your cohorts at the other airlines for their work too.

Latest resources

Back