Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
There may some good buys soon. If the East US Airways pilots don't pull their collective heads out of their rear ends soon, fire sale at US Airways. Just remember take the the airplanes not the pilots, they'll want your seniority as a way of saying thank you.

"Delta will be the purchaser"
"Northwest will be the buyer"

That alone ought to stall things for a couple of years.

"Delta will be the purchaser"
"Northwest will be the buyer"

That alone ought to stall things for a couple of years.

Nah, Delta will buy part of US Airways and the rest will go to Northwest. I'll have to interview to get a job at Delta. Many years of being the General's gear monkey.

The reason that the both used the court in NY is fairly simple. Many have used it for its knowledge of the airline process. Now I give you that DAL's first judge was a mistake, but it was a calculated move by both airlines. This court has been dealing with airlines and how they run for some time.

going back to delta/southwest merger, I think I would become an alchoholic if I'd have to fly with the Gereral for three days. He would definatelly be the highest avoidance bid Captain at SWA. God forbid...

Scrapdog.... you must drink allot.... to be able to piss in everyones sandbox.... when I read your post I think of morgan freeman biotch slapping denzel...

Scrapdog.... you must drink allot.... to be able to piss in everyones sandbox.... when I read your post I think of morgan freeman biotch slapping denzel...

Rez - I'm actually amazed you even know how to post in regards to something other than jumpseating etiquette. I figured that's about all you were good for...disregard, I know that's about all you are good for. Now run along, I'm sure there's a military thread you can poke your wanna-be military nose in. That is, since you do it multiple times a day.

Thanks Sarge. Guess what? In the passenger flying business, you are NOT allowed to do rolls and 9 G's. Nope. I don't care WHO YOU ARE or WHAT YOU FLY on the weekends----passengers want easy turns and soft landings at the airlines. This section of Flightinfo is about Airline flying. I think there is another section on Military flying if you want to go brag. If you want to do carrier type landings in your F22 at Edwards AFB, then GROOOVY. Do it. But not in a 737. Did your sim instructors at CAL say "ooooooh, this guy flies the 737 sim like MAVERICK!" I bet they didn't, and rather rolled their eyes many times everytime you told them what you did on the side..... Look, thanks for your great service, but in reality the only formation flying you will do with me is a PRM approach at KATL. And that C130 driver probably likes doing Assault landings. That would be fun, if the passengers actually enjoyed it. Guess what sizzle chest? They don't. But hey, I have done a couple landings at SNA in the 757, and I did just great....Zippy da do! Now go get um ICEMAN. (pssst----Slider, you stink!!) Do you have that lonely feeling, woa that lonely feeeeling?

Bye Bye--General Lee

I appreciate the thanks for me serving my country. So, on an honest note, you're welcome G. Lee, I enjoy serving. Here's my point, military pilots are not embiciles (well maybe after a long night at the bar, but I digress...). We understand that landing a passenger airliner is NOT the same as landing a C-130, an F-16, or an F-22. But guess what, landing an airliner AIN'T hard dude. It's actually downright easy. I've squeeked a few on, and I've had a few crappy ones (like we all have), but the actual exection is not tough. But fighting a 4 vs. 6 OCA ride, or doing assault landings with NVG's at midnight and coming over the treetops IS TOUGH - it requires mental gymnastics and anticipation far greater than landing some 757 at SNA. And that's where the difference occurs - which of course you have no clue about. So I respectfully (as best as I can) say G. Lee - just STFU with the "Top Gun" garbage and thinking you sound cool...because you don't.

When I get in a 737 with CAL, I don't give 2 sh*ts about how I land the F-22 or the T-37 for that matter. I care about flying safely and effeciently (and landing) the 737 - because that's my job at the time. And wheter I squeek it in or I have an "average" landing - I notice 99% of the PAX don't care...but what they do care about is the fact I got them there on time, the customer service was top notch, and it was a safe, enjoyable flight. Maybe you should focus on those things instead of a decent landing while being 30 minutes late, having horrible customer service, and the planes looking like crap - which DAL always seems to do over and over. Hmm, perhaps G. Lee??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back