Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope SWA buys Delta and forces General to the bottom of the lists and overnight locks him or her (which I am leaning towards) to LBB overnights.

That really would be pure HE!!. Talk about a nightmare!

But, if we do somehow merge Delta and Southwest, I will probably be your Captain (my 11 years would trump your 1 or 2 years), and I would love to teach you the art of landing. You see, not every passenger wants an "assault landing" like you did in the C-130 and what you probably do now in your 737. Also, I will be upset if you try for the first intersection on your landings. We like to go for the first or second high-speed. It is just easier on the planes and passengers. Don't worry, 3rd and 5th beers are on me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That really would be pure HE!!. Talk about a nightmare!

But, if we do somehow merge Delta and Southwest, I will probably be your Captain (my 11 years would trump your 1 or 2 years), and I would love to teach you the art of landing. You see, not every passenger wants an "assault landing" like you did in the C-130 and what you probably do now in your 737. Also, I will be upset if you try for the first intersection on your landings. We like to go for the first or second high-speed. It is just easier on the planes and passengers. Don't worry, 3rd and 5th beers are on me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The "art of landing?" Dude, feel free to choke yourself with your own hand. You do take the cake for the biggest tool (besides your protege instrutorbuffoon)...and pathetically, you bring it all on yourself.

BTW General Clown - his military training is 10 times that of any bullsh*t training you've had. Assault landings my a$$...something you'll never do, nor have the ability to do. And thank god for that.

The "art of landing?" Dude, feel free to choke yourself with your own hand. You do take the cake for the biggest tool (besides your protege instrutorbuffoon)...and pathetically, you bring it all on yourself.

BTW General Clown - his military training is 10 times that of any bullsh*t training you've had. Assault landings my a$$...something you'll never do, nor have the ability to do. And thank god for that.

General don't take this little Ewok for anything more than the VFR F-14 clown that he is. Your quals way outrank this angry man. The guy is just a little to serous as we say. My avatar says it all....smiling is good!:beer:

Last edited:
Coming out of BK there was also speculation that Gordon Bethune (the now CEO of Aloha and former CAL CEO) would be asked to be our new CEO. Had that actually happened, would people also be speculating that we WOULD BE MERGING WITH CAL? Anderson had Airline CEO experience, and was available. So was Bethune. Maybe our board thought it would be good to have an "airline guy" actually running the place.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General ,

Why did DAL and NWA enter bankruptcy court in NY, in the same courthouse at the same time ?

A sheer coincidence?...

General don't take this little Ewok for anything more than the VFR F-14 clown that he is. Your quals way outrank this angry man. The guy is just a little to serous as we say. My avatar says it all....smiling is good!:beer:

hahahahaha.

hahahahahaahahahahah

EVERYONE BOW DOWN to "CRAPDOG" he's the military F-22 guru! He has the ability and skill to fly that 737 to mach 3 with his johnson on fire!! He can bring it to a rest after his flawless assault landing in EWR !! (all from the right seat.)

A freakin Chuck Yeager you may be in the USAF. But here in the civilian world, no one cares so just STFU already. :rolleyes:

ahmmmmm crapdog ahmmmmm crapdog. Hail crapdog!

Thanks Sarge. Guess what? In the passenger flying business, you are NOT allowed to do rolls and 9 G's. Nope. I don't care WHO YOU ARE or WHAT YOU FLY on the weekends----passengers want easy turns and soft landings at the airlines. This section of Flightinfo is about Airline flying. I think there is another section on Military flying if you want to go brag. If you want to do carrier type landings in your F22 at Edwards AFB, then GROOOVY. Do it. But not in a 737. Did your sim instructors at CAL say "ooooooh, this guy flies the 737 sim like MAVERICK!" I bet they didn't, and rather rolled their eyes many times everytime you told them what you did on the side..... Look, thanks for your great service, but in reality the only formation flying you will do with me is a PRM approach at KATL. And that C130 driver probably likes doing Assault landings. That would be fun, if the passengers actually enjoyed it. Guess what sizzle chest? They don't. But hey, I have done a couple landings at SNA in the 757, and I did just great....Zippy da do! Now go get um ICEMAN. (pssst----Slider, you stink!!) Do you have that lonely feeling, woa that lonely feeeeling?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Outside of the pissing contest that this thread has become, any thoughtful ideas how this industry consolidation may unfold?

My guess is....

Delta/NWA
CAL/Alaska/ and part of United
AA/ part of United
USAirways/ the rest of United
SWA/Airtran

Simple....

Jmoney,

Can you please respond to FDJ2's above response. This will be a classic! Any commentary now? And, I do have a bid in for the Space Shuttle---I can't wait for Mars 16 day trips, with a Moon stop on the way back! Maybe during that time you will upgrade to the Beech 1900, D model.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I will respond in all seriousness here:
The answer is simple: "Insider Trading......."
These guys are legally obligated to be deceitful with their public comments about things of this nature.
All airline execs carry a long history of either not commenting on mergers or acquistions publicly, or of saying the opposite of what they intend to do. They really cannot lay their plans out in an unofficial manner. All these disclosures are made through a very stuctured and formal process regulated by the SEC.
You can't-for instance, tell your golf buddies what will be happening two days or even ten minutes from now-even if you know for certain what the course will be. These guys could all run to their brokers and either buy or short tons of stock and make crap-piles of money. So it is very simple-the law prohibits disclosure of any info which may affect your stock to anyone if it is not available to everyone by means of a formal disclosure or press release. Mergers would certainly move stock prices, so don't expect to be the first kid on your block to hear about it from old Anderson or any of his buddies around the water cooler.
Who knows what is going to happen? I can speculate that DAL is not pleased with the fact that the stock has gone nowhere since its IPO, so they probably will be looking to do something to increase "shareholder value" as they have hinted at-who knows exactly what that will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back