Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta mainline back to Juneau? Looks like it in late May...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would guess someone adding back SEA and PDX to Hawaii next, possibly several islands? Maybe? ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Say what you want about GL CP, but then you throw chum in the water like the puke you spewed above and not expect a comment?

(Gasp) weather? Oh jeeze, now you are scaring me.....only the mighty Eskimo can brave the perils of the Alaskan bush. Please Mr. Weatherman, say it ain't so....we Delta Bubbas only know JOOOL-lie thunderstorms and name all our planes JENNay!

Thanks for the big scare, we'll probably go there anyway....

You GL on the reach around rotation now or something?

I am almost sure this was RA plan the whole time. It worked to his advantage perfectly SWA is busy, AMR is really busy, UAL is still a mess. Icing on the cake... DAL pilots retain the best merger attorney in the business. I would like to think we can pull it off but the latest news I have heard is AS is considering... DP has offered oneworld and a stronger partnership... Don't think it's enough.

The widebody thing is a joke.. You will be hiring into the widebody soon. There will be no fence... But AS boys and girls there will be no real base protection either. After 18 mo's you will hold what your seniority holds.

All this merger speculation ... ?? If Alaska doesn't want to do it it would be hostile and that would drive the price up further !! I don't see it happening unless Alaska wants it .. And even then the Feds won't allow it .. Just my 2cents

All this merger speculation ... ?? If Alaska doesn't want to do it it would be hostile and that would drive the price up further !! I don't see it happening unless Alaska wants it .. And even then the Feds won't allow it .. Just my 2cents

I agree. Plus, you DON'T want route overlap. When you compete directly on certain routes, the Govt wants to keep that for consumers. Both DL and AK have been adding routes directly against each other. That would make it tougher to sell to the Justice Dept and Dept of Transportation, not easier. These latest moves show overlap.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You GL on the reach around rotation now or something?

Throttle back Ace....

You can start with me, that's cool. I won't waste my time with you so if you want a GL style Urinary Olympiad....by all means, have at it.

Me thinks is that it drops the stock price when there is direct competition....not just one airline on a route anymore reaping the profits. Wall Street notices that sort of thing. Especially if cash cow profitable routes start to get eroded..on both sides.

Good point and something to watch though Old School.

Me thinks is that it drops the stock price when there is direct competition....not just one airline on a route anymore reaping the profits. Wall Street notices that sort of thing. Especially if cash cow profitable routes start to get eroded..on both sides.

Good point and something to watch though Old School.

One seasonal leg to Juneau and a bunch of Rj flights isn't going to drop the stock much. But, it might get big D all warmed up for SE Alaska flying when they buy us. GL can ride in my right seat on the way up to Sitka and buy that third beer he likes to talk about!

One seasonal leg to Juneau and a bunch of Rj flights isn't going to drop the stock much. But, it might get big D all warmed up for SE Alaska flying when they buy us. GL can ride in my right seat on the way up to Sitka and buy that third beer he likes to talk about!

Yeah but think about the stock price across the whole spectrum of routes. The stock price WILL drop because exclusive profitability will go down, the better to pull off the all-stock swap purchase of AK.

Juneau isn't the only route where we are going to head to head anymore.

Latest resources

Back