• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Love Field Expansion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's the bigger point you want to ignore..

1- The SW/AAI merger has been settled. It's done and over (I know you don't like that fact, sorry).

2- The outsourcing at legacy carriers has been on-going for more than 25 years.

3- That outsourcing goes on into eternity. There is no 'end' date to your outsourcing. It should have never been allowed by DALPA to begin with. Pathetic.

Great side step Red! You continually neglect to respond to the fact that somehow the AT guys flying the 737s (same size btw) fly for less, after you signed the contract that they just "LUV'D." You're right Red---Pathetic indeed.

And Outsourcing has been around at the legacies for years, just like your pay for training. Looks like they both may stick around for years.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Great side step Red! You continually neglect to respond to the fact that somehow the AT guys flying the 737s (same size btw) fly for less, after you signed the contract that they just "LUV'D." You're right Red---Pathetic indeed.

And Outsourcing has been around at the legacies for years, just like your pay for training. Looks like they both may stick around for years.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You really should have gone to college, and I'm not giving you credit for your four years at the University of Phoenix. You really are incapable of putting together an argument that makes any sense. It's more like arguing with a teenager. Pay for training? Not that I recall, I remember SWA giving me a paycheck during training and paying for my hotel room, how about you?

You accuse me of sidestepping and in the same paragraph start talking about Southwest type rating?

You are really a master of trying to change the subject Gen.

Explain how a 737 type rating has anything to do with the outrageous amount of outsourcing that DALPA has allowed with almost one thousand RJ's. (Did I mention that SW doesn't have any RJ's)

Southwest has around 550 aircraft. Delta CONNECTION has almost double that!

You really should have gone to college, and I'm not giving you credit for your four years at the University of Phoenix. You really are incapable of putting together an argument that makes any sense. It's more like arguing with a teenager. Pay for training? Not that I recall, I remember SWA giving me a paycheck during training and paying for my hotel room, how about you?

Thanks Dad! You guys "hosed" the AT guys. You and your union agreed to different rates for same planes, and their yes vote overall wasn't one of joy. You and Red continually fail to understand this, and really don't care anyway. Your family attitude at your airline will continue to grow even more dysfunctional because the loyalty you tried at attain from the new group was lost after the joint contract. Certain stagnation will also cause frustration and defections toward hiring legacies. Was that easy enough to understand old man?

First two weeks of training has a hotel as I remember, and paychecks every two weeks. But, no $7K bill from a 737 type. Some bring it from another airline, or had the GI Bill pay for it. For everyone else, it's all on you. (Except for the lucky AT guys, but maybe your union considered it?). Bye Dad!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
You accuse me of sidestepping and in the same paragraph start talking about Southwest type rating?

Explain how a 737 type rating has anything to do with the outrageous amount of outsourcing that DALPA has allowed with almost one thousand RJ's. (Did I mention that SW doesn't have any RJ's)

DCI has almost 1100 planes Red? Really? 1100? I think you are way way off. There will be 125 total 50 seaters within the next two years (losing 215 total first), and then about 380 70/76 seaters I believe. There are a few SKW E120s flying in SLC, but they may be "at risk" flying for SKW. That's it, not close to 1100. You must be thinking of the number of AT guys placed in front of you on the list....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yea, at the peak you had 950.

So you might be headed down to 850. Still almost 300 more airframes than Southwest even owns.

You're winning General!

PS- Southwest has none. As in zero.

Yea, at the peak you had 950.

So you might be headed down to 850. Still almost 300 more airframes than Southwest even owns.

You're winning General!

PS- Southwest has none. As in zero.

Red,

You're right, we are winning the "war." The last contract allows 88 of your 717s to come over and take back old mainline flying, while leaving 140 fewer RJs total. Thanks for noticing. Btw, you dumped 17 former AT cities due to lack of the "SWA Effect" there. In "effect", you gave all those pax to the legacies. Thanks again.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Cut it out you two....

Don't make me pull over!!!!!

PMFJI on yet another DL vs SW love fest. But you're comparing apples to oranges. SW is a LCC serving a handful of cherry picked US cities
DL is a global carrier serving 6 continents.
DL has a market cap worth nearly double that of SW.
DL is a Fortune 500 corporation, SW is not.
DL will be near 900 mainline aircraft in just 4 years. SW will not.
So, yes, we have RJ's, code shares, etc.
When you start serving more than just a few cherry picked US cities, operating various fleets, and are back in growth mode, get back to me. You're no comparison.
Now, back to DL vs SW or is it Red vs GL? I've stopped paying attention

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back