• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta leaves passengers sleeping on a ballroom floor in DUB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bravo. This post should be enshrined in the mahogany scented halls of Flight Infos great libraries.

Flying with you is (almost) going to be worth the degradation and debasement of a downgrade. I bet I can make you stroke out. Two days ..... max.

:D

Some pilot's egos need that 4th stripe don't they. I've seen you at every airline I've worked at. I know 50 year olds flying turboprops at commuters because they need that 4th stripe.
I know you've been peeved at this whole thing, I never took you for the do^chebag that statement makes you-
You're a lot easier to handle now. Every airline has those types. Hell, every profession does. Screaming bc he can't be the big fish in a little pond.
Cry cry man.
You're as irrelevant now as that type is anywhere. Ignored and tolerated to the extent required. Self convinced.

Some pilot's egos need that 4th stripe don't they. I've seen you at every airline I've worked at. I know 50 year olds flying turboprops at commuters because they need that 4th stripe.
I know you've been peeved at this whole thing, I never took you for the do^chebag that statement makes you-
You're a lot easier to handle now. Every airline has those types. Hell, every profession does. Screaming bc he can't be the big fish in a little pond.
Cry cry man.
You're as irrelevant now as that type is anywhere. Ignored and tolerated to the extent required. Self convinced.

Well that's great of you to add when it seems like you guys didn't want any AT Capts to come over after the merger. They seemingly wanted all AT pilots to come over as FOs.... That never would have happened with arbitration, especially with AT bringing planes over themselves (737-700s and -800 options). Thanks to you guys, they'll have to wait longer for that 4th stripe they already had after your merger took place, in the same type planes. Unbelievable.

Thanks for helping advance our profession, not! So, when it comes to this subject, "shut your stinking trap!"

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Well that's great of you to add when it seems like you guys didn't want any AT Capts to come over after the merger. They seemingly wanted all AT pilots to come over as FOs.... That never would have happened with arbitration, especially with AT bringing planes over themselves (737-700s and -800 options). Thanks to you guys, they'll have to wait longer for that 4th stripe they already had after your merger took place, in the same type planes. Unbelievable.

Thanks for helping advance our profession, not! So, when it comes to this subject, "shut your stinking trap!"

Bye Bye---General Lee

You are nothing short of entertaining.

You continue to spin yourself up about SWA's ACQUISITION of AAI and USAPA/Cactus. None of your arguments or attempts at debate hold any water. They are nothing more than emotional rants. And, you don't win battles with those.

The trannies, like the RSW pilots chose their fate. (For the record, I was a adamant NO voter on SL 9 and SL 10) You love to "rant" about the "Kelly threat" but that's all it is-A rant. If it in fact was an illegitimate "threat" then ALPA and AAI/ALPA would have laughed in his face and told him to pound sand. Instead, they (their membership as well as ours) chose to overwhelmingly accept the NEGOTIATED deal.

Now-Why do you suppose that is?

I'll sum it up for you in a nutshell. Neither side wanted to be in the same boat that USAPA and Cactus are. and, they both WERE ALPA!

Keep flinging poo on the USAPA deal as well. You're really making headway. What we are witnessing is the full wrath of AGM/BM, PA's and arbitrated settlements. Long story short, it doesn't matter. If one side decides they don't like the outcome, break out the subpoenas and let's get to litigating!!

I have been one of the most ardent critics of SL 10 and feel we f*cked ourselves by NOT fighting the battle and taking it all the way to the Supremes if need be. Plenty of ex-trannies that feel the same way-But, WE, are in a SEVERE minority. 84% from both groups separately, now merged, means that over 90% of the COMBINED seniority list chose the negotiated path OVER the other long and most certainly, uncertain and most assuredly, ROCKY road.

In summation. Both sides had numerous opportunities to say HELL NO! Neither came anywhere close. You can make any excuses you want as to why.

You've got no crystal ball, even though you love to throw out absolutes in all your drivel. I may even agree with some of the pros and cons but what I believe doesn't matter a hill of beans compared to what is ultimately fleshed out in the courts and when the dust finally clears.

Both sides OVERWHELMINGLY CHOSE a negotiated settlement.
Both sides OVERWHELMINGLY AGREED to the FINAL MASTER SWAPA SENIORITY LIST.

I was a NO VOTER. I lost. I moved on.

You need to as well. On this, and on the USAPA deal. I got buds at NWA that say they got f*cked. UNICAL as well. BFD! Not my fight. One thing almost to a man every dude I talk to claims is that we (SWA/TRANNY) made the smart move by inking a quick negotiated deal.

You are nothing short of entertaining.

You continue to spin yourself up about SWA's ACQUISITION of AAI and USAPA/Cactus. None of your arguments or attempts at debate hold any water. They are nothing more than emotional rants. And, you don't win battles with those.

The trannies, like the RSW pilots chose their fate. (For the record, I was a adamant NO voter on SL 9 and SL 10) You love to "rant" about the "Kelly threat" but that's all it is-A rant. If it in fact was an illegitimate "threat" then ALPA and AAI/ALPA would have laughed in his face and told him to pound sand. Instead, they (their membership as well as ours) chose to overwhelmingly accept the NEGOTIATED deal.

Now-Why do you suppose that is?

I'll sum it up for you in a nutshell. Neither side wanted to be in the same boat that USAPA and Cactus are. and, they both WERE ALPA!

Keep flinging poo on the USAPA deal as well. You're really making headway. What we are witnessing is the full wrath of AGM/BM, PA's and arbitrated settlements. Long story short, it doesn't matter. If one side decides they don't like the outcome, break out the subpoenas and let's get to litigating!!

I have been one of the most ardent critics of SL 10 and feel we f*cked ourselves by NOT fighting the battle and taking it all the way to the Supremes if need be. Plenty of ex-trannies that feel the same way-But, WE, are in a SEVERE minority. 84% from both groups separately, now merged, means that over 90% of the COMBINED seniority list chose the negotiated path OVER the other long and most certainly, uncertain and most assuredly, ROCKY road.

In summation. Both sides had numerous opportunities to say HELL NO! Neither came anywhere close. You can make any excuses you want as to why.

You've got no crystal ball, even though you love to throw out absolutes in all your drivel. I may even agree with some of the pros and cons but what I believe doesn't matter a hill of beans compared to what is ultimately fleshed out in the courts and when the dust finally clears.

Both sides OVERWHELMINGLY CHOSE a negotiated settlement.
Both sides OVERWHELMINGLY AGREED to the FINAL MASTER SWAPA SENIORITY LIST.

I was a NO VOTER. I lost. I moved on.

You need to as well. On this, and on the USAPA deal. I got buds at NWA that say they got f*cked. UNICAL as well. BFD! Not my fight. One thing almost to a man every dude I talk to claims is that we (SWA/TRANNY) made the smart move by inking a quick negotiated deal.

Thanks Dad! You sure think you're an expert too. Look, your process agreement called for arbitration if a SLI agreement wasn't agreed upon, and that sounds simple enough, right? Something else MUST HAVE occurred, and don't play dumb like Howie and ask "Huh? Whattttt?" You both are acting very naive. And you guys had the opportunity to watch two mergers PRIOR to your deal with AT, and you did it wrong. You did. You should have gone the arbitration route and blamed the result on the arbitrators, not each other now. What a screw up! That damage will last years and years.

And I don't care if you think I'm peeing into the wind about the USAPA stuff. It's just plain wrong. The people who need to know more about this are the new joiners and people interested in the big 3 and the Corndog. They need to know some back story and go investigate it prior to applying. It's a public service. You're welcome!

You NEEDED a quick deal? Really? Why? Tell me how not allowing any AT 737 Capts to stay in their seats in the planes they brought to the party good for them or anyone except Corndogs? That would never have happened in arbitration. Your assertion is laughable. Why not pay parity earlier, like at the joint contract? DL/NWA had pay parity on same plane type (75/76) at the joint contract, quickly. Why not on the AT 737s? Pure bunk! But, you settled fast, which.....was....good?

I bet there are unhappy people at every merger, but not whole groups. Ask the majority of FNWA pilots now, and they would tell you they very much appreciate the merger, with them keeping their frozen pension, higher pay rates, and better base choices compared to MSP/DTW/MEM. So, ask your NWA buddy again for his opinion. I bet it changed. The AT guys lost seats and the majority lost their primary base (ATL). They also will be mad about it for years most likely.

Man, your diatribe was almost as bad as Wavey's and Bubba's stuff. Can't hide from the truth, though.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Nothing but.....

Another bloviated rant. You said nothing of substance. The facts are both pilot groups agreed to it overwhelmingly AND if there actually WAS a threat made then your beloved ALPA should have said F$CK NO!

They didn't! So if you have a gripe there, take it up with ALPA.

You can boo hoo all you want GL. Asked, answered, signed sealed delivered and in the tube ready for shipment.

You're welcome for the history lesson.

Go enjoy some football now and run along.

Another bloviated rant. You said nothing of substance. The facts are both pilot groups agreed to it overwhelmingly AND if there actually WAS a threat made then your beloved ALPA should have said F$CK NO!

They didn't! So if you have a gripe there, take it up with ALPA.

You can boo hoo all you want GL. Asked, answered, signed sealed delivered and in the tube ready for shipment.

You're welcome for the history lesson.

Go enjoy some football now and run along.

Funny stuff. You claim everything is great, and you've moved on. Great, 1/3 of your fellow employees have not. Enjoy that all the way to Islip.

Goodnight!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Once again

Funny stuff. You claim everything is great, and you've moved on. Great, 1/3 of your fellow employees have not. Enjoy that all the way to Islip.

Goodnight!

Bye Bye---General Lee

More childish ranting. Love the Islip remark! It's oh-so-YOU! You and Lumberg should hurry up and kiss and makeup so you can get back to pig-piling on anyone that disagrees with either of you at your FI slumber party.

1/3 of the pilot group? Where you getting your numbers GLee? Oh, that's right, you don't work here! To a man all the former trannies I flew with had clearly "moved on."

You ought to take a page from their book before you stroke out. Or not. You'll make some dude junior to you happy. (Need Popcorn!)

:beer:

Bye Bye---General Lee

Man, you thread creep on your thread creep.
Lethe point of my post if you'd like to address it- and it definitely applies to a lot of airlines I've worked at- the 4th stripe doesn't pay the mortgage. The paycheck does. AND- there are no "captain's airlines" anymore. Your FO and you both are experienced pilots with (except for delta) a LOT OF PIC experience- and need to be standard and on the same page. End of story.

The concept of being debased to be an FO just doesn't fly anymore.
Check your ego at the flight school door.

Latest resources

Back