• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta leaves passengers sleeping on a ballroom floor in DUB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll entertain legitimate gripes from PAX but when a dude squawks at me like the one above I usually take the time to set them straight. (if they stick around)

"What's your specific complaint sir? That we left five minutes late and arrived early?"

"What profession are you in, Sir?"

I'm a Doctor

"REALLY! Because the last time I had a Doctor visit they were an hour and half late from my appointment time."

I bet you make friends just about everywhere you go

Not part of my job of my job description. Additionally, I don't suffer fools.

Actually good people skills is, in fact, "part of your job description" or should be considered as such. It's called CRM. Being a jerk in the cockpit can be just as dangerous as weak system knowledge or weak flying skills.

Also, people that don't "suffer fools" are rarely as wonderful as they think they are and are always the embodiment of hypocracy. They are quick to criticize others without acknowledging the fact that they make mistakes too.

Dan

Also, people that don't "suffer fools" are rarely as wonderful as they think they are and are always the embodiment of hypocracy. They are quick to criticize others without acknowledging the fact that they make mistakes too.

Thanks for all your psycho-babble. I don't really GAS what some anonymous D-bag has to say to me RE: CRM.

Haven't been called in to the office once in almost 35 years of commercial aggravation. Get over yourself. That or slather on some vagisill to make it itch less.

Thanks for all your psycho-babble. I don't really GAS what some anonymous D-bag has to say to me RE: CRM.

Haven't been called in to the office once in almost 35 years of commercial aggravation. Get over yourself. That or slather on some vagisill to make it itch less.

In other words I struck a nerve.
In the psycho-babble department.......people's opinions usually say more about themselves than who they are talking about. Your comment that 35 years experience somehow means you aren't guilty of poor CRM could indicate very poor self awareness. Plenty of experienced pilots with weak people skills in this business. It's always the pilots that need CRM training the most that are in the most denial about needing it.

In other words I struck a nerve.
In the psycho-babble department.......people's opinions usually say more about themselves than who they are talking about. Your comment that 35 years experience somehow means you aren't guilty of poor CRM could indicate very poor self awareness. Plenty of experienced pilots with weak people skills in this business. It's always the pilots that need CRM training the most that are in the most denial about needing it.

Do you have a card? Or a 1 800 number? I mean seriously. Really appreciate the thoughts, concerns and armchair mindf*cking. Although, if it were me I'd try it on young girls instead of wise old men. Is all this free advice what you get when you have a discussion with one of the flight info forum 10000 post thought leaders?

Do you also give free conventional medical advice? Because, when I'm with your GF I always get a severe swelling between my legs. She usually cures it in about 20 minutes but it's still somewhat of a mystery to me.

Do you have a card? Or a 1 800 number? I mean seriously. Really appreciate the thoughts, concerns and armchair mindf*cking. Although, if it were me I'd try it on young girls instead of wise old men. Is all this free advice what you get when you have a discussion with one of the flight info forum 10000 post thought leaders?

Do you also give free conventional medical advice? Because, when I'm with your GF I always get a severe swelling between my legs. She usually cures it in about 20 minutes but it's still somewhat of a mystery to me.

For someone that says the don't GAS you sure are wrapped around the axel on this one. Chill dude,it's an internet forum that spreads a few ideas around.
I simply made the true observation that a pilot that doesn't care about people skills (CRM) is a weak pilot and a less safe one. Nothing too controversial there, simple fact is all.
All you have come back with is name calling.....you a Glen Beck fan by any chance?

I think it's.......

For someone that says the don't GAS you sure are wrapped around the axel on this one. Chill dude,it's an internet forum that spreads a few ideas around.
I simply made the true observation that a pilot that doesn't care about people skills (CRM) is a weak pilot and a less safe one. Nothing too controversial there, simple fact is all.
All you have come back with is name calling.....you a Glen Beck fan by any chance?

.......pretty clear who it is that's getting easily wrapped around the AXLE

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=2489016&postcount=144

I'm a Jeff Beck fan. Is he Glenn's older brother?

Latest resources

Back