Delta leaves passengers sleeping on a ballroom floor in DUB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DUBLINFLYER

Plane passengers had to spend the night on a hotel ballroom floor after their aircraft developed a technical problem. It is understood some of the Delta Air Lines customers due to fly from Dublin to New York over the weekend slept on the ballroom floor of the busy Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport when alternative accommodation for them could not be found. When contacted, a Carlton staff member was unable to say how many passengers were accommodated in this way. The flight was ready for take-off on Saturday morning but was prevented from doing so by a technical issue. Passengers were eventually taken off the aircraft at 2pm. Delta staff attempted to find hotel rooms but none were available across the city. It is understood that a hotel was eventually found in Limerick. - However, when it came to arranging transportation, there were no buses available and the rail strike on Sunday meant trains were not in operation. People were furious. It's astonishing to think that there were no hotel rooms anywhere in Dublin," a source said. It's very unfortunate. It's a difficult situation for airlines and passengers," the source said, adding that every effort was made to get accommodation.
A spokesperson for Delta could not be contacted for a comment.
Irish Independent

Boo f$cking hoo

Plane passengers had to spend the night on a hotel ballroom floor after their aircraft developed a technical problem. It is understood some of the Delta Air Lines customers due to fly from Dublin to New York over the weekend slept on the ballroom floor of the busy Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport when alternative accommodation for them could not be found. When contacted, a Carlton staff member was unable to say how many passengers were accommodated in this way. The flight was ready for take-off on Saturday morning but was prevented from doing so by a technical issue. Passengers were eventually taken off the aircraft at 2pm. Delta staff attempted to find hotel rooms but none were available across the city. It is understood that a hotel was eventually found in Limerick. - However, when it came to arranging transportation, there were no buses available and the rail strike on Sunday meant trains were not in operation. People were furious. It's astonishing to think that there were no hotel rooms anywhere in Dublin," a source said. It's very unfortunate. It's a difficult situation for airlines and passengers," the source said, adding that every effort was made to get accommodation.
A spokesperson for Delta could not be contacted for a comment.
Irish Independent

At least they found them a place to stay.

It's not a perfect world and I'm a little fed up with the victim mentality that people think they can adopt because they bought a ticket on an airline.

Every Dublin Hotel is full because of the Penn State UCF game.

Sensational thread title though

It's not a perfect world and I'm a little fed up with the victim mentality that people think they can adopt because they bought a ticket on an airline.

Thank you. Sh1t happens, get a helmet or stay home.

Exactly. Shuttle flight (DC-NY) the other day I pushed 5 minutes late due to broke tug. WX was good and LGA was landing RWY 4 so we blocked in 15 minutes early. Yep, some dude complained as he was getting off. When I pointed out that we (by this time) were not scheduled in for another 9 minutes he just "huffed" at me and the A FA and walked off.

Last edited:
Exactly. Shuttle flight (DC-NY) the other day I pushed 5 minutes late due to broke tug. WX was good and LGA was landing RWY 4 so we blocked in 15 minutes early. Yep, some dude complained as he was getting off. When I pointed out that we (by this time) were not scheduled in for another 9 minutes he just "huffed" at me and the A FA and walked off.

Sounds like he was bigger than you.

I'll entertain legitimate gripes from PAX but when a dude squawks at me like the one above I usually take the time to set them straight. (if they stick around)

"What's your specific complaint sir? That we left five minutes late and arrived early?"

"What profession are you in, Sir?"

I'm a Doctor

"REALLY! Because the last time I had a Doctor visit they were an hour and half late from my appointment time."

I'll entertain legitimate gripes from PAX but when a dude squawks at me like the one above I usually take the time to set them straight. (if they stick around)

"What's your specific complaint sir? That we left five minutes late and arrived early?"

"What profession are you in, Sir?"

I'm a Doctor

"REALLY! Because the last time I had a Doctor visit they were an hour and half late from my appointment time."

Some doctor pointed out to a gate agent the other day how his office runs so much better than our airline. I told him if the airlines killed nearly the percentage of customers doctors did, we'd have to crash an airplane every day.

Latest resources

Back