• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta JFK announcements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta will hire about 400 pilots for 2007 and about the same for 2008. Those words are from Brian Bolt's mouth.

Or as my OE check airman said "Delta will hire until they furlough." I think that sounds more realistic.

Back on topic (not that anyone remembers what the topic is after all the pissing on each other's shoes...):

Looks like Delta is trying to "flood the zone" and see what sticks. If all these markets had promise, they would have been served.

Maybe trying to poach some of Oneworld's traffic...TC

FYI. Malaga has a population of 550,000 and Edinburgh had even less at 450,000. Not exactly thriving cities like the ones that you mentioned.

Could it be that those two destinations are for U.S. tourists going there, vice Spanish and Scottish tourist coming here?

Hey, I work with 13 guys on layoff from DL outta PBI and FLL. Rode a DL -88 a month back thru ATL. The tech ops center was embarrassing. The pilots at all the majors lobby to keep things in house. Why not the MX? Do you guys honestly feel safe while crossing the north atlantic with a log sign off from juan in el salvador? Will you guys please use what pull you have to pull things back in house? I would honestly love to shoot the shi* with you guys while clearing a descrepency rather than some asshol& who is streached to the limit in ATL, or god for bid a pencil whip from central america. DL is alive and well, the pilots should focus on improving their stand point, as well as the ONLY other FAA liscensed group on the property.

Hey, I work with 13 guys on layoff from DL outta PBI and FLL. Rode a DL -88 a month back thru ATL. The tech ops center was embarrassing. The pilots at all the majors lobby to keep things in house. Why not the MX? Do you guys honestly feel safe while crossing the north atlantic with a log sign off from juan in el salvador? Will you guys please use what pull you have to pull things back in house? I would honestly love to shoot the shi* with you guys while clearing a descrepency rather than some asshol& who is streached to the limit in ATL, or god for bid a pencil whip from central america. DL is alive and well, the pilots should focus on improving their stand point, as well as the ONLY other FAA liscensed group on the property.

Hey B6,

Not fighting with ya, but don't you guys outsource your work to Costa Rica and then when the jets get to heavy check, they get sold?

I know Delta outsources 767ER work to Hong Kong, with great results I hear, and 88 work to Guadalajara, with not so stellar reports. A lot of the outsourcing was given to Timco in Lake City, FL and Greensboro. Latest number I heard was 23 percent of our maintenance was overseas.

We used to be at Vancouver with Air Canada and they cancelled the agreement because THEY were losing money because they underbid and Delta "was too demanding!" So the company moved to Hong Kong. We also were in Miami, but they couldn't find anybody who spoke english there, so they abandoned that deal. =)

I believe your buds when they say it was outsourced, but not to overseas mechanics. It's a shame, because our guys who were outsourced ended up getting those jobs at Timco working our jets for less money. All hard workers and we will miss them in the long run....i.e when the planes get older.

Hey B6,

Not fighting with ya, but don't you guys outsource your work to Costa Rica and then when the jets get to heavy check, they get sold?

I know Delta outsources 767ER work to Hong Kong, with great results I hear, and 88 work to Guadalajara, with not so stellar reports. A lot of the outsourcing was given to Timco in Lake City, FL and Greensboro. Latest number I heard was 23 percent of our maintenance was overseas.

We used to be at Vancouver with Air Canada and they cancelled the agreement because THEY were losing money because they underbid and Delta "was too demanding!" So the company moved to Hong Kong. We also were in Miami, but they couldn't find anybody who spoke english there, so they abandoned that deal. =)

I believe your buds when they say it was outsourced, but not to overseas mechanics. It's a shame, because our guys who were outsourced ended up getting those jobs at Timco working our jets for less money. All hard workers and we will miss them in the long run....i.e when the planes get older.

Jetblue flies their planes to San Salvador, El Salvador and Winnepeg, Canada for MX work. They also employee pilots over age 60 to fly those planes to those cities for lower wages than their line pilots. How do I know that? I talked with a Jetblue FO on reserve that was an FO to Winnepeg flying with a guy who wasn't even on the actual seniority list, and was over age 60 too. Very interesting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I believe most those B6 pilots are ex pilots that turned 60 and are now flying those flights. Not unlike have pilots retire then be rehired to fly jets at Delta. At least B6 doesn't have hundreds (or was it thousands) on furlough being jammed by something that was allowed by DALPA. Very interesting.

I believe most those B6 pilots are ex pilots that turned 60 and are now flying those flights. Not unlike have pilots retire then be rehired to fly jets at Delta. At least B6 doesn't have hundreds (or was it thousands) on furlough being jammed by something that was allowed by DALPA. Very interesting.

Not even close. The Jetblue guy flying to Winnepeg was ACTUALLY over 60 years old, and not even on the seniority list. The retired guys at Delta that "came back" never really left, but they were required to stay primarily because we would have had to park fleets (all the 777 Captains were ready to leave, and the check airman too). Good try, and you aren't very interesting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not even close. The Jetblue guy flying to Winnepeg was ACTUALLY over 60 years old, and not even on the seniority list. The retired guys at Delta that "came back" never really left, but they were required to stay primarily because we would have had to park fleets (all the 777 Captains were ready to leave, and the check airman too). Good try, and you aren't very interesting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sorry General,

Gotta go with Nado on this one.....

He's absolutely right!! It was an absolute travesty we allowed those guys to come back....this was all done under the guise of "keeping us out of BK".

Parking the fleet wasn't our problem....the management played chicken and not to twist a Moak Cliche....WE BLINKED!! It just prolonged the inevitable, a trip to see the judge, while we furloughed and outsourced our jobs to RJ kids from the Delta Academy......sometimes as a group we need to point the finger at the mirror when trying to find blame.

Anyhoo....they could have ramped up the training to match the attrition, hell, JoKo could have been the check airman!!

Latest resources

Back