Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sinca3

From everyones favorite.....airliners.net:

Since we're close enough to the announcement tomorrow (and since I did a search and didn't see that anyone else had posted it), I thought I would share what I am hearing regarding JFK changes and service DL will be announcing tomorrow :

Nine new trans-Atlantic routes with nonstop service between JFK and:
Amman, Jordan (effective June 5)*;
Cairo, Egypt (effective June 4)*;
Edinburgh, Scotland (effective May 1);
Lagos, Nigeria (effective June 9)*;
Malaga, Spain (effective June 4)*;
Tel Aviv, Israel (effective March 10)*;
Dakar, Senegal (effective June 2)*;
Nairobi, Kenya (via Dakar) (effective June 2)*;
and Cape Town, South Africa (via Dakar) (effective June 3)*.

Five new Latin America routes with nonstop service between JFK and:
Guatemala City, Guatemala (effective Dec. 14);
Liberia, Costa Rica (effective Feb. 16)*;
Panama City, Panama (effective Dec. 13);
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (effective Dec. 20)*;
and San Jose, Costa Rica (effective Feb. 15)*.

The flights will be operated with a mix of Boeing 737-800, 757-200 and 767-300ER aircraft, with 737s and 757s serving Latin America and 757s and 767s flying across the Atlantic. The airline’s 2008 expansion will be aided by the introduction of 15 additional Boeing 757-200 airplanes on international routes. With the introduction of 757s in trans-Atlantic service, Boeing 767-300s serving short-haul routes will be freed up to serve long-haul destinations in Africa and the Middle East.

Also: as part of its plan to address congestion and delays at JFK, Delta will make the following changes before summer 2008:

Metering its use of airport resources by reducing average hourly departures by 6 percent during the most congested hours of 3:30-6:30 p.m.;

Decreasing departures during JFK’s afternoon ‘rush hour’ by shifting short-haul trans-Atlantic flights to a third bank of international departures after 7 p.m.;

Optimizing connecting times to increase transit time for JFK customers to enhance overall baggage performance and schedule reliability;

Increasing by 47 percent the number of Delta flights operated with larger two-class jets. Of the 204 daily departures at JFK planned for 2008, 60 percent will be operated with larger two-class aircraft seating between 70 and 270 passengers – up from 40 percent in summer 2007; and

Eliminating all Delta flights at JFK operated with turboprop aircraft.

Together, these changes will reduce Delta’s demands on limited airspace and airport resources until a comprehensive redesign of the New York airspace is funded by the federal government. Delta’s redesign will offer a more than 20 percent increase in available seat miles by summer 2008, with 11 more daily departures.

Enjoy!

That means Jetblue can now jam up the skies like Airtran did when Delta dropped peak departures in ATL......

Let's hope not.....

That means Jetblue can now jam up the skies like Airtran did when Delta dropped peak departures in ATL......

Let's hope not.....
I think you'll find we'll be shifting some flying from JFK and reducing some flights during certain times as well. All good news IMO...

From everyones favorite.....airliners.net:

Since we're close enough to the announcement tomorrow (and since I did a search and didn't see that anyone else had posted it), I thought I would share what I am hearing regarding JFK changes and service DL will be announcing tomorrow :

Nine new trans-Atlantic routes with nonstop service between JFK and:
Amman, Jordan (effective June 5)*;
Cairo, Egypt (effective June 4)*;
Edinburgh, Scotland (effective May 1);
Lagos, Nigeria (effective June 9)*;
Malaga, Spain (effective June 4)*;
Tel Aviv, Israel (effective March 10)*;
Dakar, Senegal (effective June 2)*;
Nairobi, Kenya (via Dakar) (effective June 2)*;
and Cape Town, South Africa (via Dakar) (effective June 3)*.

Five new Latin America routes with nonstop service between JFK and:
Guatemala City, Guatemala (effective Dec. 14);
Liberia, Costa Rica (effective Feb. 16)*;
Panama City, Panama (effective Dec. 13);
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (effective Dec. 20)*;
and San Jose, Costa Rica (effective Feb. 15)*.

The flights will be operated with a mix of Boeing 737-800, 757-200 and 767-300ER aircraft, with 737s and 757s serving Latin America and 757s and 767s flying across the Atlantic. The airline’s 2008 expansion will be aided by the introduction of 15 additional Boeing 757-200 airplanes on international routes. With the introduction of 757s in trans-Atlantic service, Boeing 767-300s serving short-haul routes will be freed up to serve long-haul destinations in Africa and the Middle East.

Also: as part of its plan to address congestion and delays at JFK, Delta will make the following changes before summer 2008:

Metering its use of airport resources by reducing average hourly departures by 6 percent during the most congested hours of 3:30-6:30 p.m.;

Decreasing departures during JFK’s afternoon ‘rush hour’ by shifting short-haul trans-Atlantic flights to a third bank of international departures after 7 p.m.;

Optimizing connecting times to increase transit time for JFK customers to enhance overall baggage performance and schedule reliability;

Increasing by 47 percent the number of Delta flights operated with larger two-class jets. Of the 204 daily departures at JFK planned for 2008, 60 percent will be operated with larger two-class aircraft seating between 70 and 270 passengers – up from 40 percent in summer 2007; and

Eliminating all Delta flights at JFK operated with turboprop aircraft.

Together, these changes will reduce Delta’s demands on limited airspace and airport resources until a comprehensive redesign of the New York airspace is funded by the federal government. Delta’s redesign will offer a more than 20 percent increase in available seat miles by summer 2008, with 11 more daily departures.

Enjoy!

GREAT news!

I think you'll find we'll be shifting some flying from JFK and reducing some flights during certain times as well. All good news IMO...

My words were not a dig, just the last time Delta tried fixing the problem (that they created with RJ's and now turboprops), the solution was mitigated by Airtran jamming their own flights in the times we used to fly which, in turn, never really solved the problem....

I heard the feds weren't pleased and talked to Airtran about it, but then again, I wasn't in the room, so what was said could have been a gentle nudge to stop using the voluntary pulldown as a competitive advantage.

Again, Good news!!

Let's hope not.....

I guess we should have asked for permission in using your airport. You know that all of Delta's "de-peaking" plan didn't mean a thing after the daily ground stops over the summer, nice thought though.

Better bring your bullet proof vest for Lagos

Latest resources

Back