• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta JFK announcements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was just cruous what the practical range of the 767-300/400 are. The original post states that all of the flights will be operated with 737/757/767 aircraft JFK-Capetown comes in at 7,800 nm which seems a little far for a 767 to me.

thanks

That means Jetblue can now jam up the skies like Airtran did when Delta dropped peak departures in ATL......

Let's hope not.....

If you knew ANYTHING you would know that DL JAMMED up JFK with a huge increase of Connection operations in the past 18 mos. Aviation Week had a big article on it a while back.

JetBlue's growth has been very predictable and very measured over time.

Bill Lumberg is just another blowhard mouthing off without that facts here on F.I.

If you knew ANYTHING you would know that DL JAMMED up JFK with a huge increase of Connection operations in the past 18 mos. Aviation Week had a big article on it a while back.

JetBlue's growth has been very predictable and very measured over time.

Bill Lumberg is just another blowhard mouthing off without that facts here on F.I.

Hey 8avte or whatever,

Go and review my post after that one....it's called reading....you should try it sometime. I blamed Delta for the mess.......hiding behind your keyboard spewing names makes you so much more relevant to the discussion.....

Can anyone comprehend his last drunken sentence anyway??

Last edited:
I guess we should have asked for permission in using your airport. You know that all of Delta's "de-peaking" plan didn't mean a thing after the daily ground stops over the summer, nice thought though.

Kharma, there you go again....feeling insignifigant....

True or not?? You guys jammed up ATL when Delta rehubbed......(google it and you'll get the answer), but then again, let's not let facts get in the way of Kharma's continual struggle to right the wrongs since Delta didn't hire him.

Not surprising. Given that DAL has numerous vacancies on the 767ER out of JFK, it is quite possible that some newhires could be flying some of these routes. That certainly is some great variety.

If you are interested in international travel (not everyone cares or wants to fly internationally), certainly DAL and CAL would be two good choices out of the NYC area.

Eliminating all Delta flights at JFK operated with turboprop aircraft.

This won't do a thing to help with the congestion problem. In fact, I think it will hurt it.

When JFK is departing 31L, I see that most of the DHC-8's are using 31R for departures. Now that all the T-props are replaced with jets, that will no longer be an option and all flights will be using 31L.

E

JFK (all of the NYC airports)is just a very over congested area. Its my least favorite place to waste taxi fuel. The only fix for me is try to avoid the place.

Kharma, there you go again....feeling insignifigant....

True or not?? You guys jammed up ATL when Delta rehubbed......(google it and you'll get the answer), but then again, let's not let facts get in the way of Kharma's continual struggle to right the wrongs since Delta didn't hire him.

Too funny, your argument is that we (AirTran) didn't consult Delta regarding when we fly our planes in and out of ATL? You guys do 70% of the flying out of Atlanta and we are the problem? You don't think (perhaps, maybe), the addition of flights in Atlanta by the closing of DFW and shrinking of CVG had anything to do with the delays? I guess when all else fails, add capacity! It worked before (right)?!?

Last edited:
This won't do a thing to help with the congestion problem. In fact, I think it will hurt it.

When JFK is departing 31L, I see that most of the DHC-8's are using 31R for departures. Now that all the T-props are replaced with jets, that will no longer be an option and all flights will be using 31L.

E

I agree, it's not as if DAL is going to eliminate the feed supplied by the turbo props. What they are saying is the addition of all these international routes is going to increase their feed, subsequently making the turboprop obsolete.

The problem comes when DAL determines that not all of these routes are guaranteed money makers and they decide to cancel their plans. Or in the case of places like Malaga and Edinburgh (seasonal at best) these places will not support 757 flights in the off season.

Then the need for the larger feed goes away and the turbo props return.

Too funny, your argument is that we (AirTran) didn't consult Delta regarding when we fly our planes in and out of ATL? You guys do 70% of the flying out of Atlanta and we are the problem? You don't think (perhaps, maybe), the addition of flights in Atlanta by the closing of DFW and shrinking of CVG had anything to do with the delays? I guess when all else fails, add capacity! It worked before (right)?!?

Let's see Kharma..

I want to understand you correctly. Delta shifts aircraft that they already have purchased, bought and flown on the property to a different airport, so they can compete, and then see the problems the shifting placed on the system. Delta then goes from 9 banks to 11 and you see fault in that???

So While Delta is trying to fix the problem, you guys punch in a bunch of flights in the "slow period", in turn, negating the fix. And that is fair?? Or is it Airtran's right to create more gridlock?? It is cutthroat out there and every bit helps, but your moves were undermining the fixes Delta was putting into place to help solve the problem, all the while
Airtran is buying up 737's like drunken sailors and blindly follow Captain Forklift Joe as he rapes and tries to plunder all of the smaller carriers around him........with nowhere to put the jets on order. Great Plan......

Kharma, chill out......I'm really really sorry that you were at ASA and Delta didn't hire you, but being springloaded to jump on every little thing Delta does as a negative wastes both your time and mine.

Good luck with the contract, get what's owed to you!!

Latest resources

Back