• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NWA had 50 retirements in August. Many if not most were in addition to the 50 PERP's.

Actually, crew resources is saying the 738 and M88 FO positions are, or will be, short. The question right now is do they displace pilots back to staff those categories, or do they hire to fill them.

I can vouch for that. I have only been at Delta since January and have a line for September in Atlanta (md88). Just flew my ALV in August and my line for Sept totals 87 hours.

The 88 staffing might be a little short. I also think there will be even more retirements after the merger once the equity is paid out.

With that and the additional retirements from the NWA side I think we will be short, in all categories. I don't think there will be a displacement, or I hope there won't be a displacement.

Any further insight from anyone?

View Post
post_new.gif
Today, 13:02 Remove user from ignore list
Tanker Clown This message is hidden because Tanker Clown is on your ignore list.

Actually, crew resources is saying the 738 and M88 FO positions are, or will be, short. The question right now is do they displace pilots back to staff those categories, or do they hire to fill them.

I have been hearing that we MAY displace the CVG 757/767 pilots out of CVG. (they were also thinking about making a CVG ER base, but I can't really see that) I don't know where those planes will go, but those pilots may have to bid CVG 73N or MD88 if they want to stay, or follow the planes to where ever they go. I think they will make the final decision in 4-6 weeks..... We shall see....

Bye Bye---General Lee

"Tanker Clown. This loser is on your Ignore List."

:beer:

There was some grumblings at Mesaba that Northwest might start hiring soon because of models showing them short pilots. Which would mean the flow up continuing. Not sure if those are pre/post merger models. Just wondering if anyone has more credible knowledge to share on the topic. I know the topic on this thread is "delta hiring" but I figured soon enough it will all be one company.

Definitely not fat on 88 fo’s in ATL. I’m a junior reserve in that category, and flew right up to ALV in August without trying. Had an assignment pretty much every reserve day I had. September looks not as busy, but I’m still hitting the ground running this month.

Razorback,

I'm with you. I'd love to get some of my junior NYC classmates back to ATL on the 88! We're certainly working our share.

Latest resources

Back