Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Linedriver

What's the rumor now?

One rumor is that Delta will be hiring the few pilots NWA will furlough during the merger and the other is that they will be hiring this fall.

What's the skinny?

NWA cnx it's displacements. I don't expect that they will furlough.

There is supposed to be a AE (position notice) coming out on the Delta side very soon. That will provide more information.

Regarding the AE, if there are displacements that would be not good obviously.

IMHO, we are short on the bigger airplanes and fat in the junior 88s in ATL and NYC. So, we have to movethem up.

IMHO, we are short on the bigger airplanes and fat in the junior 88s in ATL and NYC. So, we have to movethem up.

Actually, crew resources is saying the 738 and M88 FO positions are, or will be, short. The question right now is do they displace pilots back to staff those categories, or do they hire to fill them.

What's the rumor now?

One rumor is that Delta will be hiring the few pilots NWA will furlough during the merger and the other is that they will be hiring this fall.

What's the skinny?

As far as NWA goes, all displacements were cancelled. Since then we have had nothing but Awards on the APA's and lots of retirements. Some will argue we will need more pilots before the SOC happpens. We'll see

I would guess the answer lies in the price of oil....if it goes up, due to Gustav or other variables, they will not hire to fill those positions.

Later this year ( winter ) and early 2009 is my guess-----but dependant on many variables ( including the merger--which alone is extremely unpredictable ) , some controllable some not. Who knows?? I am someone on the outside tying to get in----only my guess. ;-)

I would guess the answer lies in the price of oil....if it goes up, due to Gustav or other variables, they will not hire to fill those positions.

Later this year ( winter ) and early 2009 is my guess-----but dependant on many variables ( including the merger--which alone is extremely unpredictable ) , some controllable some not. Who knows?? I am someone on the outside tying to get in----only my guess. ;-)

I agree

Latest resources

Back