Delta Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Average Line Value.
Every month scheduling comes out with a average block value for the lines that PBS will create. If a line of time (LOT) cannot be constructed plus or minus five hrs of this number the line will not be created.
For reserves it is the max amount of credit that they can fly you to for the month. 767 this month is 72.00 hrs.

Average Line Value.
Every month scheduling comes out with a average block value for the lines that PBS will create. If a line of time (LOT) cannot be constructed plus or minus five hrs of this number the line will not be created.
For reserves it is the max amount of credit that they can fly you to for the month. 767 this month is 72.00 hrs.

Of course, with your permission, they can fly you over ALV on reserve (yellow slip). ALV in the ER was 82 last month. I flew 85 with no green slips. Ended up with a couple of extra days off at the end of the month.

ALV for the ATL 88 FO’s in Aug was 81:15. My credit was 81:10. And that was just sitting back and waiting to be called. Actually, no one ever called me - I just checked my schedule the day before I was on call and always had a trip. My understanding is that with a yellow slip scheduling can fly you to a credit of ALV + 15 (i.e. 96:15 for Aug ATL 88 FO,) but I was pretty wore out by the end of the month, and 81:10 sounded OK to me.
It is starting to look like September is going to be busy too, as reserve levels are hovering in the lower teens or less for most of the month. Not as much open time as last month (thus my prediction of it being a little slower,) but I’m still continuing my trend of no idle reserve days so far.
I'll second the vote for bringing down some junior NYC/QNY guys (or getting some newhires) - but I don't think that's how its going to shake out.

Last edited:
Us cinci guys are covering many of those Atlanta trips also. 95 percent of my trips start and end with a dh to Atlanta on the 88. So count us cinci guys in the mix of the Atlanta flying. They also call us any time there is a trip open that has a MD90 on it. I would love to do reserve in cinci and actually get cinci trips. But for now I am just lucky to still be in cinci before the possible flush.

Well for us LAX73NB, it looks like Oct. will be the busiest month this year. Going from 30 lines in Sept. to 40 in Oct. with 52 pilots total in category. Perhaps my life of leisure on reserve will be over :(

Us cinci guys are covering many of those Atlanta trips also. 95 percent of my trips start and end with a dh to Atlanta on the 88. So count us cinci guys in the mix of the Atlanta flying. They also call us any time there is a trip open that has a MD90 on it. I would love to do reserve in cinci and actually get cinci trips. But for now I am just lucky to still be in cinci before the possible flush.

SLC guys are also covering lots of ATL 88 flying for October. There are only a handful of west coast pairings and the rest all go through CVG or ORD then into ATL. I don't mind covering ATL flying as long as I don't get pushed back to reserve in SLC. Looks good for another month.

Average Line Value.

The line window is actually a little larger. It is plus or minus 7.5 hours. The 72 ALV translates to a window of 65(contractual min) to 79:30.

Three things.

1. What is PERPS?

B. Anyone know the retirement projections for the rest of year at NWA?

Last, Any insight on the upcoming AE in October at Delta? What's it gonna be?

Latest resources

Back