• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring Rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard we may hire a few here and there too, but nothing significant, or so they say.

Agree with ACL. No real attrition next year, and no significant numbers of airplanes coming.

Unless that changes, then I wouldn't expect to see more than a handful.

Nu

The dc9 is gone next year. So actually, a loss of AC

There are 3 different series of the DC9 and to my understanding after next year the 50 series will still be around for a while.

However, your comment is still correct - losing airframes.

Last edited:
I have a friend who was at the newhire dinner last night and The VP of flt Ops spoke to them saying they were at a beginning of a hiring wave that would be ongoing, for years to come. He did not really elaborate supposedly, but someone mentioned at least the same next year as this year (300?), but maybe more. I would love to get an interview myself, and then hopefully get hired early on in the hiring wave so I too could be ahead of Mookie. :)

Last edited:
...............................................Dup

I have a friend who was at the newhire dinner last night and The VP of flt Ops spoke to them saying they were at a beginning of a hiring wave that would be ongoing, for years to come. He did not really elaborate supposedly, but someone mentioned at least the same next year as this year (300?), but maybe more. I would love to get an interview myself, and then hopefully get hired early on in the hiring wave so I too could be ahead of Mookie. :)

Well that's just great! Exactly what Plato said at an identical event in 2001! We all know how that wave went.... it soon crashed

Well that's just great! Exactly what Plato said at an identical event in 2001! We all know how that wave went.... it soon crashed

He's talking about his special friend, private lee. Ignore him......

The dc9 is gone next year. So actually, a loss of AC

Almost a true statement, DC9 (30 & 40) are retiring. The 50 series will be around for 5 more years. I believe the 50 seat rjs are leaving. Keeping hearing rumors of more crj 200's leaving also.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back