• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring Rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hiring next year will depend on Network's plan for summer 2012. All aircraft should be out of the desert by next summer, but we are currently running 8 mod lines (installing lie-flats, converting NWA-DAL interiors, installing entertainment in coach, crew rest compartments in ER's ...) Also, we should eventually reach a total MD90 fleet of over 60. In sum, this should offset the DC9 retirements.

It's not so much the acquisition/parking of aircraft that drives staffing at an airline this size -- it's a percentage or two increase/decrease in block hours.

I was told to expect at least some hiring.

"Some" more minority hiring you should say. The new Yo-Nited is Motha Delter :))

I met a female Delta FO this year, her last job was flying KC-135's in the AF.
Blaming women/minorities for your short comings is soooooooo 1980's....

Blaming women/minorities for your short comings is soooooooo 1980's....

Indeed.

When you find out your fellow crewmember was an AF Tanker pilot you certainly know you're in for something special......

:laugh:

Indeed.

When you find out your fellow crewmember was an AF Tanker pilot you certainly know you're in for something special......

:laugh:

Yeah, you will be sure to hear either:

1. there were no fighter slots open that year

or

2. I wanted to be an airline pilot, so I wanted the "heavy" time

I am reminded of a funny thing written on the inside of one of the fueling panels on a plane at work- "Fuelers know how to pump big loads"

Was she hot?
Kidding aside it's just nice to read the potential of hiring pilots at this level rather than furloughs. Delta hiring 300ish, SWA hiring 150ish, and recalls continuing at AA and USAirways (not sure about UAL/CAL). It has to start and hopefully will gain momentum.

Latest resources

Back