Delta Hiring Rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bsh932

I keep hearing a rumor that Delta is going to hire 500 pilots next year. What are you guys hearing over there?

I keep hearing they are looking to hire/buy 1325 pilots....all se Alaska qualified...

Mookie

I am thinking along the lines of Mookie. We may hire a few, but it will be as needed until they make firm their long term plans with AS.

I am thinking along the lines of Mookie. We may hire a few, but it will be as needed until they make firm their long term plans with AS.

I don't understand why this Alaska merger rumor keeps popping up. I've heard time and time again from different Delta executives that there is no reason to merge with them. We currently have a very tight and exclusive code share contract with them which means we get all the benefits $$ and none of the headache from a merger.

Anyway, to answer the original question from the thread: 600 pilots (this is what HR has been told)

I don't understand why this Alaska merger rumor keeps popping up. I've heard time and time again from different Delta executives that there is no reason to merge with them. We currently have a very tight and exclusive code share contract with them which means we get all the benefits $$ and none of the headache from a merger.

Unless,,,,,,,,,,,AMR wants to marry them which means all the fun with no commitment goes bye bye.

No, there is nothing exclusive about it and there isn't a poison pill tied to the code with Delta or anyone else. It is what it is a code share. Its the same as with AA... In fact we are expanding the code with AA out of LA pending Gov blessing.

Latest resources

Back