• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta flight diverts on champagne request

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's the part of his deal that I liked Zone- in tragic irony- before the silliness- he's doing the job mainline delta pilots ought to be doing before the divide and conquer replacement pilots were voted their own island.
(But on closer inspection, he wouldn't and shouldn't pass a mainline interview. All the more motivation to take it back DALPA- this guy doesn't need to be flying your families and customers)

(But on closer inspection, he wouldn't and shouldn't pass a mainline interview. All the more motivation to take it back DALPA- this guy doesn't need to be flying your families and customers)

I'd agree. This is the BEST argument for NOT outsourcing. You guys are lucky your management is enlightened on this point, too.

That's the part of his deal that I liked Zone- in tragic irony- before the silliness- he's doing the job mainline delta pilots ought to be doing before the divide and conquer replacement pilots were voted their own island.

http://codedmonkey.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/citizen-kane-clapping2.gif?w=500

True enough Fubi.
Oh man Riker's- they don't have movie night at San Quentin anymore- I heard C-K was good

I'd agree. This is the BEST argument for NOT outsourcing. You guys are lucky your management is enlightened on this point, too.

So, how do you take care of the problem NOW? There is no doubt a problem, but what do you do now? Do you expend capital to "buy back" all of the 50 and 70/76 seat flying? High oil is taking care of the 50 seat problem as we speak. How do you get back the 70/76 seat flying when Delta doesn't own all of those planes (they do own some of them, though)? They won't just give it back for free. There are other scope issues as well that should be monitored, like Joint Ventures with INTL airlines, and code shares will the likes of AK as well. SCOPE is a huge deal, but the question remains how to bring it back. With the second round of consolidation on our doorstep, there will the need to get that next contract done (they do not want to be dealing with that at the same time as looking for possible new "partners"), and that can help our chances with scope issues, pay issues, and work rule issues that all need fixing. The problem again is how much is each worth? I would not be for anything giving away one more ounce of RJ scope or JV/Code Share scope, but how much for getting those 70/76 seaters that are already out there? (any new ones can go on our property, we have the payrates already)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
So, how do you take care of the problem NOW? There is no doubt a problem, but what do you do now? Do you expend capital to "buy back" all of the 50 and 70/76 seat flying? High oil is taking care of the 50 seat problem as we speak. How do you get back the 70/76 seat flying when Delta doesn't own all of those planes (they do own some of them, though)? They won't just give it back for free. There are other scope issues as well that should be monitored, like Joint Ventures with INTL airlines, and code shares will the likes of AK as well. SCOPE is a huge deal, but the question remains how to bring it back. With the second round of consolidation on our doorstep, there will the need to get that next contract done (they do not want to be dealing with that at the same time as looking for possible new "partners"), and that can help our chances with scope issues, pay issues, and work rule issues that all need fixing. The problem again is how much is each worth? I would not be for anything giving away one more ounce of RJ scope or JV/Code Share scope, but how much for getting those 70/76 seaters that are already out
there? (any new ones can go on our property, we have the payrates already)

Bye Bye---General Lee

I am not going to vote for any relaxation of scope. I want more pay just like everyone else, but scope is the most important thing out there.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Short answer: YES!

That's been the crux of my sellout argument all along!
that DALPA pilots never play chess, always checkers and don't make decisions past the current contract- always voting in the most recent pay raise instead of rolling back outsourcing bc they don't feel like it affects them-
There is a failure to recognize the long term downward pressure outsourcing puts on mainline wages-
I'm asking dalpa, for once, to vote their long term self interest over their short term one

So, how do you take care of the problem NOW? There is no doubt a problem, but what do you do now? Do you expend capital to "buy back" all of the 50 and 70/76 seat flying? High oil is taking care of the 50 seat problem as we speak. How do you get back

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back