Delta details planned capacity cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just my thoughts!

Yes, plans are changing, but not to the point of mainline reductions in staffing(pilot). I too scratch my head at this. Fact is that DAL has waited too long to furlough. They should have started in Sept. Now with the summer 09 ramp up a few months away, they are going to have a very hard time displacing and furloughing get people where they need to be. Kind of caught on that one. It is not to say that they could not let a few 100 go, but the cost would be quite great.
From what I have been told it takes two years on furlough to break even. With the jets coming, it is easier for them to carry the pilot cost in the short term.
Of course everyone could be lying and they will announce furloughs next week. I am not loosing any sleep though.

Believe me, furloughing a few THOUSAND will not be a huge dent after this merger is complete. It's not that I don't like you ACL65PILOT, it's your speculation and "Delta can lick the milk off my balls" attitude. I find most of your "info" as being somewhat accurate but biased in the sense that you're at the bottom of the Delta list and bending the truth in favor of your situation. Also the fact that you're literally posting every few minutes all day and all night long. I actually don't think you have a life, but that doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion. Don't take it personally, you bash me too. In the end, I wish you the best of luck with everything. I won't put you on the ignore list. Friendly poking doesn't hurt anyone...........loser. :D

Also the fact that you're literally posting every few minutes all day and all night long. I actually don't think you have a life, but that doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion.

He's only at 2.93 posts a day. Not bad when you consider that Gen Lee is just about 6 posts a day.

Believe me, furloughing a few THOUSAND will not be a huge dent after this merger is complete. It's not that I don't like you ACL65PILOT, it's your speculation and "Delta can lick the milk off my balls" attitude. I find most of your "info" as being somewhat accurate but biased in the sense that you're at the bottom of the Delta list and bending the truth in favor of your situation. Also the fact that you're literally posting every few minutes all day and all night long. I actually don't think you have a life, but that doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion. Don't take it personally, you bash me too. In the end, I wish you the best of luck with everything. I won't put you on the ignore list. Friendly poking doesn't hurt anyone...........loser. :D

I would say that pretty much all of his information has been accurate. Perhaps the "speculation" as you call it may actually be what really IS going on here at Delta.

If I were him, I would just give you a big YAWN, for apparently you have nothing to add. Every one of his posts adds to the discussion. Yours reek of jealousy, and contempt. It's pretty easy to just skip over his posts. That way, you can avoid the angst.

Jeez, you guys get together next to a fire and rub "it's ok" lotion? It's psychology 101 and it's a textbook case. Your natural tendency is to form your opinion on what you want to see rather than looking at the big picture. You'll look for facts in support of your opinion, it's human nature. Ask CL65PILOT if he's ever....and I mean ever....questioned Delta or stated that a certain direction was stupid. You won't find one.

Last edited:
This is BS! We don't get our nuts waxed before any flights, much less every flight. Oh sure, the widebody guys get their first class dh language implemented 60 days after dcc, and I bet have a side letter giving them 2 waxings per flight. But us narrowbody trash have to wait till when, BP 5, kiss my ass. The f'ing TWG better get their act together and get this benefit implemented fast. I think I can speak for my nwalpa brothers that we will not stand by quietly while this second class treatment continues. Bob will be alive and well if this travesty continues. This is another case of dalpa trying to leave us behind.

I would say that pretty much all of his information has been accurate. Perhaps the "speculation" as you call it may actually be what really IS going on here at Delta.

If I were him, I would just give you a big YAWN, for apparently you have nothing to add. Every one of his posts adds to the discussion. Yours reek of jealousy, and contempt. It's pretty easy to just skip over his posts. That way, you can avoid the angst.

Jealous of what? Flying a 757 to Africa? How about merging with NW and being on the bottom of a +10K pilot list? Yep, you got me..........oohhhh the jealousy.

This is BS! We don't get our nuts waxed before any flights, much less every flight. Oh sure, the widebody guys get their first class dh language implemented 60 days after dcc, and I bet have a side letter giving them 2 waxings per flight. But us narrowbody trash have to wait till when, BP 5, kiss my ass. The f'ing TWG better get their act together and get this benefit implemented fast. I think I can speak for my nwalpa brothers that we will not stand by quietly while this second class treatment continues. Bob will be alive and well if this travesty continues. This is another case of dalpa trying to leave us behind.

Now why can't you just have fun like this guy? I personally think ACL65PILOT smears the peanut butter on his nuts and lets the cat wax it for him, but I have no proof.

Latest resources

Back