• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta details planned capacity cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like this wasn't expected. Furloughs are coming sooner than later. ACL65PILOT will chime in with his c2=a2+b2 equation as to why Delta is the best airline and how great it is to get his nuts waxed before every flight. Who wouldn't when you're at the bottom of this combined list? Not knocking you CL, but I told you this was going to happen....and I'll remind you when DL starts the furloughs. It's unfortunate that so many DL people think that their "new" management is any better than all the rest. They just wanted you on board. This might "read" capacity reduction, but it's the start to an overall reduction. Hang on.....enjoy the ride.

Do you have to get your nuts waxed? Can you respectfully decline?

What if you got it going "Flint Tropical Style" down in your mambo region? Wouldn't that just interfere with your D0 numbers?

Don't worry about this tool.... Pay just as little attention to him as we all pay to Gen Lee.....

-Equally worthless!

-P.S.-I did enjoy the previous comment about "nut waxing"-NICE!

Put me on your ignore list. I am sure that you do not want to see me telling you I told you so, when rumor becomes reality.

It is not a big jet little jet thing. It is a cost thing. It has nothing to do with you or I.

ACL - don't let him get to you. Most readers really appreciate your insights.

ACL is more often right than he is wrong. A lot of us appreciate the info he has posted here since he got hired. It has helped some of us fill in the blanks for a lot of things -- including the hiring process. It is as close to "inside information" as you are likely to get on this rumor-infested website.

CRJ657, I suggest you continue to study your micro-jet FCOM while snacking on your sour grapes. I'm certain when you look back on your 65th birthday at "what could have been, if only I had been willing to risk more..." you will feel comfort in your decision to retire with one type-rating and a den plastered with CRJ posters.

For what its worth they were discussing this rumor almost verbatim on the flightdeck of the A320 I was riding on Sunday. I wonder how much of it is just pure speculation.

but the majority "SHOULD" be DCI.

Oh, yeah! I love those asinine imperatives.

Delta "SHOULD" listen to me. They "SHOULD" send 757s to Chattanooga and 767s to Flint. And they "SHOULD" send the 777LR to Amarillo. Who cares what the demand is? We're Delta pilots!

Last edited:
Oh, yeah! I love those assinine imperatives.

Delta "SHOULD" listen to me. They "SHOULD" send 757s to Chattanooga and 767s to Flint. And they "SHOULD" send the 777LR to Amarillo. Who cares what the demand is? We're Delta pilots!

Yeas, I qualified it. Why? Because those are the plans, but plans have a tendency to change. I am still being told that it is going to be mainly DCI. Better.

Just my thoughts!

Yes, plans are changing, but not to the point of mainline reductions in staffing(pilot). I too scratch my head at this. Fact is that DAL has waited too long to furlough. They should have started in Sept. Now with the summer 09 ramp up a few months away, they are going to have a very hard time displacing and furloughing get people where they need to be. Kind of caught on that one. It is not to say that they could not let a few 100 go, but the cost would be quite great.
From what I have been told it takes two years on furlough to break even. With the jets coming, it is easier for them to carry the pilot cost in the short term.
Of course everyone could be lying and they will announce furloughs next week. I am not loosing any sleep though.

Latest resources

Back