Delta Connection pilots unite on pay, work rule issues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GuppyKiller said:
What's wrong with having an "in"? I have a great "in" at UPS, and she said that once I get the 1000 PIC turbine, UPS will interview me! That's why I'm in such a big hurry to upgrade, so I can get out of here and on to my goal airline. You guys should try the same thing instead of settling for being a regional lifer.

So when is your upgrade?

[quote="Every man for himself" is ALPA's motto Biz.... where have you been?[/quote]

I have been pissing on your feet Joey and telling you it's rain. You didn't even notice? You must be use to it.:laugh:

Bizjet said:
I have been pissing on your feet Joey and telling you it's rain. You didn't even notice? You must be use to it.:laugh:

Yes I am used to it...... I do belong to ALPA after all.......

Bizjet said:
Wrong again. You belong to Management after all......... Both of you!

I don't "belong" to anyone. I am paying ALPA dues, therefor I am a member of ALPA. I know it is hard for you diehard ALPA people to accept, but we don't all blindly follow ALPA. I don't blindly follow management either. It is foolish to accept either side without question.

JoeMerchant said:
I don't "belong" to anyone. I am paying ALPA dues, therefor I am a member of ALPA. I know it is hard for you diehard ALPA people to accept, but we don't all blindly follow ALPA. I don't blindly follow management either. It is foolish to accept either side without question.

I think either side is more likely to be correct than your flawed logic would allow. You have such a high opinion of yourself and low opinion of others you always question everything. If you are truly so bright how is it that you are only able to see the faults of others. You are so lazy that you can only muster the energy to peck at a key board. You can't even do the LEC 112 duties. If you are so bright how come no one else can see it? Well that is except your girl friend who enables your weirdness.

Bizjet said:
I think either side is more likely to be correct than your flawed logic would allow. You have such a high opinion of yourself and low opinion of others you always question everything. If you are truly so bright how is it that you are only able to see the faults of others. You are so lazy that you can only muster the energy to peck at a key board. You can't even do the LEC 112 duties. If you are so bright how come no one else can see it? Well that is except your girl friend who enables your weirdness.

How is it that you can actually believe that ALPA has handled this scope/whipsaw/portfolio issue in an effective manner? It has been a total failure. Even Bob Arnold, John Rice, and JC Lawson used to admit that ALPA has failed in this regard. All three of them said RJDC was ALPA's last hope. Why are people so hesitant to tell the emperor he has no cloths?

Prove me wrong Bizjet. I will welcome ALPA actually putting a stop to the disaster they have created. We can agree on one thing..... hopefully I am wrong and you are right. However history has shown that ALPA hasn't been very effective in stopping pilot groups from competing for flying within a brand.

Please Bizjet, prove me wrong..... I would welcome it.......

JoeMerchant said:
How is it that you can actually believe that ALPA has handled this scope/whipsaw/portfolio issue in an effective manner? It has been a total failure. Even Bob Arnold, John Rice, and JC Lawson used to admit that ALPA has failed in this regard. All three of them said RJDC was ALPA's last hope. Why are people so hesitant to tell the emperor he has no cloths?
John, John John....When are you and your girl pal ~~~^~~~ going to stop all your lying? Even someone as misinformed as me knows that JC is no friend of the rjdc as well as can't stand them!
Prove me wrong Bizjet. I will welcome ALPA actually putting a stop to the disaster they have created. We can agree on one thing..... hopefully I am wrong and you are right. However history has shown that ALPA hasn't been very effective in stopping pilot groups from competing for flying within a brand.
You've been proven wrong so many times, I'm starting to lose count. your "anti alpa" crusade is doing nothing good for your fellow aviators at ASA. Maybe you should concentrate on secretary-treasure duties for once and stop acting like a little child!

You almost sound like you believed that!!

GuppyKiller said:
Regional airlines are supposed to be a stepping stone to the majors. Pilots need to use them for what they are, leave and don't look back. Management has ZERO incentive to increase wages and benefits because they KNOW that litterally thousands of young CFI and academy grads are chomping at the bit to get on there and get the required 1000 PIC so they can advance to their goal major.

Long gone are the days where majors were knocking down your doors to get you to work for them with an amount of money that would make you $hit a golden egg. Maybe they will be back one day, but as for right now, I fly with captains that are early to mid 30's been with the company for 9 years and more, waiting for a chance to get a job with a company that is a step forward in pay and opportunity. You can have fun with your 16 month upgrade, I hope the it does serve you well. Hell, I even hope you get that 1000 hours and get the chance to leave and not look back, because if you did, you would see the people you stepped on that are more deserving than you. But you got the job b/c you went to work for a place that made you into the whore of the airline industry. I love flying, I love the job, I love the dream, but not so much that I lose sight of a big and future picture with selfish interests.

All ALPA has to do in the next round of negotiations is this:

Section 1 SCOPE: All aircraft owned by the parent company and all flying done with our airline's behalf and all aircraft with our livery or any deriviative will be done by pilots on the Master Seniority list. No contract carriers, including wholly-owned subsidiaries, may fly on the parent company's behalf.

That's it. Done. Commuters won't exist. I'm sure it can be done. Surely mainline ALPA can see this...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back