• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crjdxr

Sorry if this has already been posted.

http://columbus.bizjournals.com/columbus/stories/2006/07/17/daily4.html

Business First of Columbus - 11:10 AM EDT Monday

Union leaders representing pilots for the four airlines that serve as feeders for Delta Air Lines Inc. said Friday they will work together on issues relating to work rules and compensation.
The commuter airlines that make up Delta Connection include Comair Inc., a subsidiary of Delta; Atlantic Southeast Airlines Inc.; Mesa Air Group Inc. and Chautauqua Airlines Inc.

J.C. Lawson, a Comair pilot and union leader for the Air Line Pilots Association, said the cooperative effort came about so that Delta, which is trying to reorganize after filing for bankruptcy last fall, can't pit the airlines against one another by offering more aircraft or business in exchange for concessions.
"It's a classic tactic to use the threat of fleet deployments and flying to divide and conquer us at the expense of our livelihoods," Lawson said.
Comair pilots in January approved a four-year contract that will result in $17.3 million in employee pay cuts. The contract is contingent on Comair reaching an agreement with its flight attendants.
The pilots union represents Comair, Atlantic Southeast and Mesa pilots. Chautauqua's pilots are represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 747.
Atlanta-based Delta (Pink Sheets: DALRQ) is one of the largest carriers at Port Columbus International Airport.
Atlanta-based Atlantic Southeast, part of SkyWest Inc. (NASDAQ:SKYW) offers services at Port Columbus. Chautauqua Airlines, subsidiary of Indianapolis-based Republic Airways Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:RJET) and Phoenix-based Mesa Air Group provide connecting flights through several major airlines, including Delta and American Airlines Inc.

Business First of Columbus - 11:10 AM EDT Monday

Union leaders representing pilots for the four airlines that serve as feeders for Delta Air Lines Inc. said Friday they will work together on issues relating to work rules and compensation.
The commuter airlines that make up Delta Connection include Comair Inc., a subsidiary of Delta; Atlantic Southeast Airlines Inc.; Mesa Air Group Inc. and Chautauqua Airlines Inc.

J.C. Lawson, a Comair pilot and union leader for the Air Line Pilots Association, said the cooperative effort came about so that Delta, which is trying to reorganize after filing for bankruptcy last fall, can't pit the airlines against one another by offering more aircraft or business in exchange for concessions.
"It's a classic tactic to use the threat of fleet deployments and flying to divide and conquer us at the expense of our livelihoods," Lawson said.
Comair pilots in January approved a four-year contract that will result in $17.3 million in employee pay cuts. The contract is contingent on Comair reaching an agreement with its flight attendants.
The pilots union represents Comair, Atlantic Southeast and Mesa pilots. Chautauqua's pilots are represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 747.
Atlanta-based Delta (Pink Sheets: DALRQ) is one of the largest carriers at Port Columbus International Airport.
Atlanta-based Atlantic Southeast, part of SkyWest Inc. (NASDAQ:SKYW) offers services at Port Columbus. Chautauqua Airlines, subsidiary of Indianapolis-based Republic Airways Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:RJET) and Phoenix-based Mesa Air Group provide connecting flights through several major airlines, including Delta and American Airlines Inc.

Don't think they are threatening!

Great. Now that we're buddies again JC "Just Caved" Lawson can screw us again.

After all the name calling, Mesa this Mesa that, now please help us, lets unite?

If I was a Mesa pilot I would have said "kiss my a---"

All that stuff is an empty gesture. As soon as someone figures they can get a quick upgrade by caving, the deal goes in the crapper.

Close the hole that allows for these kids with 250 hours to fly jets (people will have to dire first before Congress gets off their collectives a$$es). Get some guys that believe themselves worthy a descent paycheck that have some experience. I see what the young guys do and all they crave is that left seat because they think there be more out there. Well guess, what? There may not be much one day. Better make a nice bed now because we'll all have to sleep in it one day.

As long as we have the current mind set, we'll continue to cut each others throats and management will laugh all the way to the bank.

Isn't JC is the same guy who signed Comair's concessions for growth deal while sending ASA pilots telling us how much Comair's pilots supported us? What ever.

Feel good meetings with large expenditures of ALPA expense money don't provide contractual scope protection.

I know this is politics, but how about a public statement from Duane Woerth saying that ALPA's priority will be to bind scope within the brand to stop competitive bidding by alter ego air carriers? Oh, I didn't think so.

Better to give the children $2,500 to go outside and play.

Regional airlines are supposed to be a stepping stone to the majors. Pilots need to use them for what they are, leave and don't look back. Management has ZERO incentive to increase wages and benefits because they KNOW that litterally thousands of young CFI and academy grads are chomping at the bit to get on there and get the required 1000 PIC so they can advance to their goal major.

GuppyKiller said:
Regional airlines are supposed to be a stepping stone to the majors. Pilots need to use them for what they are, leave and don't look back. Management has ZERO incentive to increase wages and benefits because they KNOW that litterally thousands of young CFI and academy grads are chomping at the bit to get on there and get the required 1000 PIC so they can advance to their goal major.

1000PIC won't get ya sh#$, especailly if your an idiot.. Many many many people have considerably more PIC than that and are still stuck at regionals.

How much longer till you upgrade?

GuppyKiller said:

Yes, that is what regionals were supposed to be for.

"get my thousand PIC, and I'm outta here. don't look back"

First of all, every word above is absolutely correct.
Let me guess. You still think that will be you. But you say "i'm different, I won't get stuck here"

Please tell me I'm mis-interpreting your post. Do you admit that you are one of those grads "chomping at the bit" to get "yours" and then move on? Do you REALLY think thats going to happen?........really?

If so, then YOU are the problem. YOU with your shortsightedness and willingness to step over your mother to fly a "guppy killer"..........Great

i do agree with you about the industry not changing until 1000 hour wonders stop filling the classes.

I always find it interesting that ALL pilots, every one, that get a job at a regional with <1000 hours think that they are competant and belong there. All pilots, every one, that came in with 2500-3000 after flying freight and/or instructing think 1000 is too little. Why is that? Do they POSSIBLY know something you don't?

Nah, they are just jealous of your superb flying skills. After all "hate the game not the playa" right?

Look mommie, I'm an airline pilot!!!! Sorry about the scuff marks!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back