Delta Connection pilots unite on pay, work rule issues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Medic1277 said:
Season 0ne and two are out on DVD. Season three should be out soon.

Cool. I saw the first two at the store, going to pick them up soon. Glad to hear #3 is on the way. I also saw that Adam-12 is on DVD also.

GuppyKiller said:
What's wrong with having an "in"? I have a great "in" at UPS, and she said that once I get the 1000 PIC turbine, UPS will interview me! That's why I'm in such a big hurry to upgrade, so I can get out of here and on to my goal airline. You guys should try the same thing instead of settling for being a regional lifer.

I hope your in at UPS is there when you get the time. I had an in at Delta. All I needed was 1000 pic and I would get an interview. That was back in 2000. Now he has left with his lump sum, I am very happy he got it by the way, and my chances of getting that job, if they hire any time soon and I can upgrade, just got a little bit harder. I think you need to look at you current job as the job you will have in 20 years. That way if you don't get you UPS job then you won't be dissappointed.

Newman55 said:
Sorry drew but paycuts are the way to go. Its the future and the destiny of this industry. If you don't like it QUIT and go on tour with tha big snoop dogg

How many BJ's did you have to give to earn your "welcome back, D'Angelo" fee?

GuppyKiller said:
I know that plane is a 737 killer. I'm not going to get on with pax carrier, so I don't care if the replace them or not. I've got an in at UPS. As soon as I get my 1000 turbine PIC, I'm out of here!

GuppyKiller said:
What's wrong with having an "in"? I have a great "in" at UPS, and she said that once I get the 1000 PIC turbine, UPS will interview me! That's why I'm in such a big hurry to upgrade, so I can get out of here and on to my goal airline. You guys should try the same thing instead of settling for being a regional lifer.

Hmmmmmm. I didn't know that an interview guaranteed you a job. I'll have to get ahold of those who do the interviews in SGU and let them know how the "real' pilots get hired.

Weird,

AF :cool:

If I were you, I wouldn't go out an buy a gun in case you don't get that FedEx job. You might have to use it on yourself.

This has been tried many times before. Every time, somebody does what is in their best interest. Until we have legally binding "brand scope", with the support and backing of the mainline pilot groups, it is totally meaningless. It's kind of like the United Nations trying to get a "cease fire agreement" with Hezbollah. A total waste of time.

JoeMerchant said:
This has been tried many times before. Every time, somebody does what is in their best interest. Until we have legally binding "brand scope", with the support and backing of the mainline pilot groups, it is totally meaningless. It's kind of like the United Nations trying to get a "cease fire agreement" with Hezbollah. A total waste of time.

You are like the pot calling the kettle black. Isn't it you who is always saying we should win the race to the bottom???????? It would never work with MEC leadership that subscribe to your self serving agenda. Which way do you want it Joe?? Who do you think will sell out first Joe? You have a lot of experience in that area. One for all and all for one and every man for himself, right JOE??:puke:

Bizjet said:
You are like the pot calling the kettle black. Isn't it you who is always saying we should win the race to the bottom???????? It would never work with MEC leadership that subscribe to your self serving agenda. Which way do you want it Joe?? Who do you think will sell out first Joe? You have a lot of experience in that area. One for all and all for one and every man for himself, right JOE??:puke:

Nobody "wins" in a race to the bottom. However, due to ALPA's total failure, there is a competitive battle going on for flying. Without a true national solution, no single group can stop this race. Single pilot groups have only two choices.

1. Participate in the new competitive fee for departure portfolio,
or
2. Refuse to participate and watch as your fellow union "brothers" take your flying.

Neither one seems like a good choice, but ALPA refuses to do anything to change this environment.

If ALPA cannot change this environment and return the "collective" to collective bargaining, then I choose choice #1. However I would prefer ALPA to start acting like a union, but I don't see that happening.

"Every man for himself" is ALPA's motto Biz.... where have you been?

GuppyKiller said:

Good luck on that "guaranteed" interview. You sound like the kind of tool that most interviewers would love to send home crying.

JoeMerchant said:
Nah, the United Nations has better odds of success than that.

Latest resources

Back