• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection EMB175s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All Compass aircraft have been modified to the AR version (89,000 lbs) but the weights aren't being used yet because the flight planning software experienced some sort of glitch. I expect implementation in the next few weeks. Shouldn't affect many flights in the current compass route system.

Shuttle will not be modified per the communication between DALPA and our management and Shuttle America's management.

CPS has all 36 planes. The last one showed up last December.

Compass also had I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 options.
In last weeks AVweek and Space Tech an article about Embraer mentions someone with 18 options had canceles all 18 of those. Not sure if this is Compass's former allotment or not. Just food for thought on more E175's at Delta C carriers.

Compass also had I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 options.
In last weeks AVweek and Space Tech an article about Embraer mentions someone with 18 options had canceles all 18 of those. Not sure if this is Compass's former allotment or not. Just food for thought on more E175's at Delta C carriers.

The options were for 36 further airframes, and were Northwest's. I believe that Delta Connection is at the cap for 76 seaters, and I've heard the numbers on the E190/195 were not as attractive as DAL would like (per Bill Lentsch, NW FLOPS VP). I'd imagine the options will not be exercised anytime soon.

I can't imagine anyone ever canceling options. They have no commitment or cost. Sell them, maybe. But just cancel?

No
CPS has a few more planes that need to be delivered.
76 seat A/C. 153 for now up to a total of 255.

So DL can place at least 153 76 seat jets on-line under the DL brand, flying DL routes by non-Delta pilots. Our ALPA dues at work.

Thanks ACL for all the info.

Last edited:
Thats exactly why we were in the stapling fight to bring CPZ on board. And our own union isnt for it. I am still dumbfounded by the convo with Lee.

Last edited:
It is part of the JPWA.

As listed in the Contract Awareness above, we need 768 mainline jets before the 154th 76 RJ is put in service in Delta colors.
Now of bigger note is this. There are about 223 70 and 76 seat jets flying around in the Delta colors today. The max cap on this size of jet is 255. In effect 32 more 70 or 76 seat jets can be bought and put into service currently. Now as mainline grows they can replace the 70 seaters with the 76 seat variants. (see above for the sliding scale)
Even though the 76 seat jet offers two class service, the ROI on trading in a 70 seat jet is hard to quantify. The aircraft makers would have to offer really good terms to make it cost advantageous for Delta to do this. Six seat, even premium seats is a lot to bite off for a new aircraft lease after these 32 are bought. (we would need 779 mainline jets on the property as DCI took delivery of the 255th 70/76seat jet if the remaining jets delivered were the 76 seat variant)

Latest resources

Back