• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection EMB175s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats exactly why we were in the stapling fight to bring CPZ on board. And our own union isnt for it. I am dumbfounded by the convo with Lee.

I agree.

We need to remember that we need to write our reps about our feeling and opinions about the Compass issue. This issue is not dead. Far from it.
It has been quiet lately so that we are all not dead tired of it come the next LEC and MEC meetings. Remain ever vigilant on this!

Thats exactly why we were in the stapling fight to bring CPZ on board. And our own union isnt for it. I am still dumbfounded by the convo with Lee.

Why would Delta want to staple RJ pilots to their list? The lists should be kept separate so it is clear what is mainline and what is regional.

Military pilots will not stand for starting off their career at a legacy by having to fly an RJ and be junior to hundreds of regional pilots when the military pilots were risking their lives for our country. They deserve to go straight to a legacy and start off in a mainline jet no smaller than a 737 or MD-80. Anything smaller, like the ERJ 170-190 is cleary an RJ and should be flown by the regionals.

Why would Delta want to staple RJ pilots to their list? The lists should be kept separate so it is clear what is mainline and what is regional.

Military pilots will not stand for starting off their career at a legacy by having to fly an RJ and be junior to hundreds of regional pilots when the military pilots were risking their lives for our country. They deserve to go straight to a legacy and start off in a mainline jet no smaller than a 737 or MD-80. Anything smaller, like the ERJ 170-190 is cleary an RJ and should be flown by the regionals.
\

Keep flaming away buddy!

I fly heavy metal and would be quite happy to see these jets on the mainline list.

Air Canada guys start at the E175 level, and used to have 50 seat CRJs. Virgin Blue has E175s in Australia. I think we should slowly dump the regional carriers with E175s and CR9s, and fly that stuff ourselves. If someone wants to fly Saabs or Dash's for us, then we can contract them. We have pay rates for 76 seat types (anything more than 76 seats has to be flown by us anyway)--like the CR9 and E175 I believe. But hey, your flames sure are funny. Keep it up, and try out at the Laugh Barn in Marrietta on Thursday nights.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Starting out as a new-hire on the EMB175, would be one heck of a lot nicer than the DC-9, IMHO. Hence my frustration with our ALPA leadership.

Continually chopping off the bottom half of our airline and allowing it to be outsourced, cannot be a formula for long term vitality. Eventually, the brand dies.

Last edited:
Starting out as a new-hire on the EMB175, would be one heck of a lot nicer than the DC-9, IMHO. Hence my frustration with our ALPA leadership.

Continually chopping off the bottom half of our airline and allowing it to be outsourced, cannot be a formula for long term vitality. Eventually, the brand dies.

Well grassroots efforts have proven successful before.........

Military pilots will not stand for starting off their career at a legacy by having to fly an RJ and be junior to hundreds of regional pilots when the military pilots were risking their lives for our country. They deserve to go straight to a legacy and start off in a mainline jet no smaller than a 737 or MD-80.

I don't usually bite at flame bait but... And I'm sure Military pilots who will not stand for this indignity can realize their rightful place in the civilian world selling insurance. I'm sure they can even get name plate for their desk that says Col. or "call me Sir" Something tells me DAL will not have any problem attracting qualified candidates willing to fly a E175 as the entry. I'm sure there will be many military pilots among them.

Air Canada guys start at the E175 level, and used to have 50 seat CRJs. Virgin Blue has E175s in Australia. I think we should slowly dump the regional carriers with E175s and CR9s, and fly that stuff ourselves. If someone wants to fly Saabs or Dash's for us, then we can contract them. We have pay rates for 76 seat types (anything more than 76 seats has to be flown by us anyway)--like the CR9 and E175 I believe. But hey, your flames sure are funny. Keep it up, and try out at the Laugh Barn in Marrietta on Thursday nights.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Amazing!! I've been reading about this issue for months now and this post pretty much sums of the ignorance of someone flying "HEAVY" metal. Most are of the opinion that the E175 somehow should be on the DL property before the CRJ 900. Yet the 900 generates more profit than a E175...Reference Fuel burn, MX...total trip cost. So ask yourself which of the two is more of the threat? But here is the real issue and where the PRIDE of mainline pilots frustrate me. Has ANYONE (mainline pilot) noticed what is going on with the Q400X and ATR 72-600? These are going to 90 seat turboprobs with speed and range that makes flying your "Heavy" metal on stage lenghts of 400 miles or less MUCH MUCH more expensive than a E175-900-737-take your pick. So my question to you is what is your scope on turboprop aircraft??

So, until you...the mainline pilot that constanly fears loosing your job to the meazly regional pilot realizes that MGT will always find a way around your scope, you are regulated to complaining.

Since derugulation your pride has been and will be your demize. You'll always alow a little bigger, a little more, and a little faster aircraft on YOUR property, because as long as YOUR job is preceived to be safe you'll sell out the same people you complain are threating your jobs. Funny these are the pilots that have been supplimenting your pay for years...to quote Jack nickolis in a Few Good Men..."I'd just rather you say Thank You...." But let me guess THIS TIME IS DIFFERENT??

I'll tell you what, when ??? regional airline pulls up next to you in a DL Q400X please don't complain, please don't feel threatened...after all I'm sure his penis is much smaller than yours...after all he is only a regional pilot...

I look forward to the day when YOUR pilot group decides to demand and do what it takes to get ALL BRAND FLYING under your list from your fellow union members....

Latest resources

Back