• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection EMB175s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Starting out as a new-hire on the EMB175, would be one heck of a lot nicer than the DC-9, IMHO. Hence my frustration with our ALPA leadership.
How frustrated would you be if you started with the 767 and got to go to school 3 times on the way down to the DC9?
No thanks. Give me a DC-9 for mainline pay any day over a new shiny pushbutton jet for 23 bucks an hour.
Delta has mainline pay for the E series jet. The 14 extra seats would more than pay the wages of a mainline crew.

The really ugly part of this is that ALPA believes low wages at the regionals result in bigger corporate profits that management magnanimously gives to mainline pilots.

ALPA being run as an apartied systems of designated favored pilots and non-favored pilots is just flat wrong.

Both sides lose in this deal and I believe the mainline side loses as much if not more than the regional side. IMO this is why ALPA REFUSES to use their economic and financial analysis experts to study the effect.

Last edited:
Shuttle will not be modified per the communication between DALPA and our management and Shuttle America's management.

According to some MX people and FAA approval the mod was completed but the aircraft are limited per the DL scope. In other words the MTOW is still restricted to the old weights.

According to some MX people and FAA approval the mod was completed but the aircraft are limited per the DL scope. In other words the MTOW is still restricted to the old weights.

if they were converted then they are in violation regardless of whether or not they are being flown under the new weights or not.

Part of the conversion (as far as I've seen) includes the installation of a placard that reads "MTOW=89,000lb", its located behind the left seat on the bulkhead above the stowed jumpseat.

The dataplates located under the tail cone also indicate "ERJ-170-200AR" and superseded the "LR" designation. Without the dataplate, I don't believe the conversion would be complete. I'm not sure about the cockpit placard. Would seem to be easy enough to check.

How frustrated would you be if you started with the 767 and got to go to school 3 times on the way down to the DC9?

Starting out in the right seat of a B767 flying JFK to Europe would be quite a treat. And you're right, it would be difficult to get bounced all the way down to the right seat of a DC-9. I'd rather see our junior Delta B767 First Officers get bumped down to Captain on the EMB-175 at mainline wages. Thanks for emphasizing my point.

No thanks. Give me a DC-9 for mainline pay any day over a new shiny pushbutton jet for 23 bucks an hour.

All mainline pilots at Delta start at around $50 an hour first year, regardless of the plane. That is a lot better than the CAL and UPS guys at around $30 an hour.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Effective January 1, 2008

EMB-190/CRJ-900
12yr: 98.60/67.34
11yr: 97.88/66.75
10yr: 97.12/66.14
9: 96.37/65.24
8: 95.64/64.56
7: 94.89/63.10
6: 94.16/61.39
5: 93.41/59.88
4: 92.69/58.49
3: 91.94/57.09
2: 91.20/49.61
1: 90.52/49.61

we do have mainline wages for these "shiny pushbutton" airplanes...anyone who feels that these a/c are "beneath" them to fly at mainline should get a grip on reality...these are OUR jobs! And if our MEC doesn't come to terms to protect our jobs at the bottom of the list...then we need to VOTE THEM OUT...Moak included...

Amazing!! I've been reading about this issue for months now and this post pretty much sums of the ignorance of someone flying "HEAVY" metal. Most are of the opinion that the E175 somehow should be on the DL property before the CRJ 900. Yet the 900 generates more profit than a E175...Reference Fuel burn, MX...total trip cost. So ask yourself which of the two is more of the threat? But here is the real issue and where the PRIDE of mainline pilots frustrate me. Has ANYONE (mainline pilot) noticed what is going on with the Q400X and ATR 72-600? These are going to 90 seat turboprobs with speed and range that makes flying your "Heavy" metal on stage lenghts of 400 miles or less MUCH MUCH more expensive than a E175-900-737-take your pick. So my question to you is what is your scope on turboprop aircraft??

So, until you...the mainline pilot that constanly fears loosing your job to the meazly regional pilot realizes that MGT will always find a way around your scope, you are regulated to complaining.

Since derugulation your pride has been and will be your demize. You'll always alow a little bigger, a little more, and a little faster aircraft on YOUR property, because as long as YOUR job is preceived to be safe you'll sell out the same people you complain are threating your jobs. Funny these are the pilots that have been supplimenting your pay for years...to quote Jack nickolis in a Few Good Men..."I'd just rather you say Thank You...." But let me guess THIS TIME IS DIFFERENT??

I'll tell you what, when ??? regional airline pulls up next to you in a DL Q400X please don't complain, please don't feel threatened...after all I'm sure his penis is much smaller than yours...after all he is only a regional pilot...

I look forward to the day when YOUR pilot group decides to demand and do what it takes to get ALL BRAND FLYING under your list from your fellow union members....

Let me guess? You fly the CR9???? I thought so. I think you need a special interview if you ever had the chance to come to mainline---to weed out a whiner like yourself. And, guess what sport? We are doing something at mainline about RJs currently---in fact our management is doing it for us. Have you seen how many have been parked over the past year or so? A lot more have been parked than have been added. I hope that trend continues. Regardless, our airline will need planes at all seat configurations--small and large, and hopefully mainline will add more E175s mainly, with our guys flying them---and the CPZ guys getting stapled at the bottom. Sounds like a plan, and have fun flying your "9".....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Effective January 1, 2008

we do have mainline wages for these "shiny pushbutton" airplanes...anyone who feels that these a/c are "beneath" them to fly at mainline should get a grip on reality...these are OUR jobs! And if our MEC doesn't come to terms to protect our jobs at the bottom of the list...then we need to VOTE THEM OUT...Moak included...

I think we can all agree on that.

Latest resources

Back