• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection EMB175s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You think Moak will give you a vote? Nope, he will find a way around a vote just like he did with the additional 76 seat jets that just happened.

What additional 76 seat flying did Delta just give away?

Really? Lie much???? I have a buddy who is in the bottom 300, and he stated that he has been targeted. You are WRONG. And, he says he does fly some daylight hours, but he has to fly 4 or 5 on, and then have the same off. If you want week on, week off schedules you have to fly more night hours. He showed me his schedules, and they sucked. He did flights into RFD, had 24 hours there (after arriving at 1am from a west coast city), and then fly back 24 hours later--which sucked since it was hard for him to get a nap at 10pm before his 12am pickup. He stated he was tired all the time. But hey, you must be at another UPS, since what you state is TOTALLY different. Well, okay then. And, if you think we will always have lower wages, you could be mistaken. We were the ones to bring the bar up higher for EVERYONE, including UPS pilots. It may take awhile, but we are aiming to bring it up again. You betcha! Now, get some sleep for your night sort tonight. When I fly INTL flights at night, I have a third guy rotating in and allowing me to sleep in the rest seat. We probably have 25 total domestic allnighters throughout our system. (a far cry from your number)

All I stated initially was that we have first year pay higher than what another poster stated (around $50 an hour), and that it was higher than CAL or UPS first year. No lying there. But NOOOOOO, then you stuck your arse in and had to show your second year pay, which I hadn't even asked for. It's great you think UPS is so much fun to work for, but I happen to really like my job, and it pays well and I don't have to go out on 13 day trips with 51 hours in Tanjin, China (I saw one of my buddies trips), or have to do night sorts with MOST of your flying at night. Next time, read the actual post (I was stating facts only, not comparing airlines at the time), or just shut your trap. Just remember, when your pilots start to die off thanks to sleep deprevation due to constant time zone changes in the middle of the night, Delta Capts will probably still be alive, but might have a little less money than UPS FOs......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hook, line and sinker!

. It's great you think UPS is so much fun to work for, but I happen to really like my job, and it pays well and I don't have to go out on 13 day trips with 51 hours in Tanjin, China (I saw one of my buddies trips),
Bye Bye--General Lee

I'd rather go on a 13 day trip in China land over a 1 year trip in Bankruptcy court. :laugh: JMO.

What additional 76 seat flying did Delta just give away?

he signed a back door deal with mgmt to allow them to continue to be in violation. Currently there are to many 76 seaters being flown but an agreement was signed to allow them to remain in violation as long as no mainline pilot currently on property gets furloughed. fwiw

I'd rather go on a 13 day trip in China land over a 1 year trip in Bankruptcy court. :laugh: JMO.

Who do you fly for again? Do you still fly an RJ? If so, you will hit BK before you fly a plane to China. You never know........

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I fly for Obama. At least that is where my pay goes.

Now that is CHANGE we CAN believe in! And, let me get this straight? You are actually paid to fly? Really? Skywriting? Traffic watch? Oh wait, as an instructor......riiight. Fantastic.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Compare this:
The senior folk won't care, and that is important. Watch your backs.
to this:
And, guess what sport? We are doing something at mainline about RJs currently---in fact our management is doing it for us. Have you seen how many have been parked over the past year or so? A lot more have been parked than have been added. I hope that trend continues.

Does anyone else see the hypocrisy here? You complain about how someone looking out for his own best interest while you are harmed is stabbing you in the back, and then you intentionally wish harm on another individual even if you don't benefit. I would say your senior captains are more honorable than you, sir.

Compare this:

to this:

Does anyone else see the hypocrisy here? You complain about how someone looking out for his own best interest while you are harmed is stabbing you in the back, and then you intentionally wish harm on another individual even if you don't benefit. I would say your senior captains are more honorable than you, sir.

You really to understand the scope issues and how the burden has been placed solely on junior mainline pilots before submitting a comment as you did.

Recommend that you return to the Frac. boards

Let me guess? You fly the CR9???? I thought so. I think you need a special interview if you ever had the chance to come to mainline---to weed out a whiner like yourself. And, guess what sport? We are doing something at mainline about RJs currently---in fact our management is doing it for us. Have you seen how many have been parked over the past year or so? A lot more have been parked than have been added. I hope that trend continues. Regardless, our airline will need planes at all seat configurations--small and large, and hopefully mainline will add more E175s mainly, with our guys flying them---and the CPZ guys getting stapled at the bottom. Sounds like a plan, and have fun flying your "9".....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I find it interesting that you call me a whiner yet you have over 12,000 posts, most of which I would bet are you "whining" about regional jets.

A few questions for you sir:

Are you so shortsighted to notice that a Crj900 is as much of a threat to your job as a E175?

What if you get your way and get the Compass 175's on your list, should I expect you blessing for Delta to exercise the ratio to buy more 900's because Delta added hulls?

When airlines begin added 90 seat turboprops into service through their regional lift providers will you the first to complain they are stealing your jobs?

I think the reason you complain so much is you know their is nothing you are willing to do. When pilots decided to rid themselves of the "B" scale they made the sacrifice to do so. Have you ever considered, Mesaba, Compass, or Comair to be a "B" scale?

I look forward to the day when you...the one with power...are willing to take concessions to get the Regional Genie back in the bottle...

Latest resources

Back