• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Academy...THOUGHTS????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delta Connection Academy what do you rate it?

• Good

Votes: 45 14.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 207 67.6%
  • Average

Votes: 54 17.6%

• Total voters
I cut a pasted this from my response from another thread relating to DCA...Hope not to offend but just offer another view point....

Are most DCA guys brainwashed like you folks are? DCA just opened a "school" at a nearby college and those guys are so brainwashed into thinking DCA is the only way to get your ratings. These guys are not even Pvt pilots but they talk as if they are already Regional Pilots or something. In my opinion DCA is no different than Paid for training. You are putting A LOT of money into the pockets of management @ Delta while they cut benefits and pay from line pilots and other employee groups. Do DCA "students" ever think about things in those terms? Your $80,000 for flight training (that cost DCA about $25,000) goes to the company led by management that is decreasing the Quality of life for all pilots within the Delta system and is influencing the airline industry as a whole.

I understand you are not directly paying for your job but you are paying for the "interview" which is pretty much the same thing. Its just a way around the PTF wording.

"You'll jump at any opportunity to run your yapper won't you"

Yeah. It's fun and makes you look like a dork. If you ever want to discuss the issues of DCA without personal attacks, I'm up for it. You want to discuss it WITH personal attacks, I'm up for it. You wanna come back to Jetcareers without your tail between your legs, I'm up for it.

I actually like DCA as opposed to some other places as they put out a guy with a decent background and times before they move on. It's just the marketing BS and crap they make guys go through to get there that bothers me. Personally, I don't think it's worth it and there are much better choices.

Paid4training, no way is DCA PFT. I don't like a lot of things that go on with that school, but in no way is it PFT(that's a dirty phrase!). The instructors there work their asses off. Agreed they paid way too much for training. No way you can compare DCA to Gulfstream or some of the other programs. As far as the guaranteed interview, you can throw that isht out the window. Most instructors I know don't care about it. They are just building their hours (Instructing) and hoping to move on to better jobs down the road. Now for the instructors/students who have that attitude, that DCA is the only place to get ratings to get a regional job they are sadly mistaken. It is only a few that have that belief. Those are the people that we label as "Tools!"
My .02 cents!

"I actually like DCA as opposed to some other places as they put out a guy with a decent background and times before they move on. It's just the marketing BS and crap they make guys go through to get there that bothers me."

de727ups I have to agree with you.

buffettck said:
Especially when "big" schools/academies force their CFIs to keep buying their proprietary publications when they make a change, in addition to the regular manuals/POHs/charts, etc that every other "normal" CFI buys as well... And then there's the uniforms.
I will agree with you on that part. If I am working for you, it should be up to the company to provide the materials needed for that job. Point well spoken.

de727ups said:
"You'll jump at any opportunity to run your yapper won't you"

Yeah. It's fun and makes you look like a dork. If you ever want to discuss the issues of DCA without personal attacks, I'm up for it. You want to discuss it WITH personal attacks, I'm up for it. You wanna come back to Jetcareers without your tail between your legs, I'm up for it.

I actually like DCA as opposed to some other places as they put out a guy with a decent background and times before they move on. It's just the marketing BS and crap they make guys go through to get there that bothers me. Personally, I don't think it's worth it and there are much better choices.

I don't have a tail. I don't want to discuss it at all, that's my point here. You continue to beat a dead horse. Yes, I went to DCA, yes I enjoyed most of the time, and hated it at times, but I was given what they promised me. The ad's when I signed up almost 5 years ago now, were the same as they are now, they just said Comair back then. I asked questions and was given answers that were truthful to those questions. I was given what I was paid for, just like everyone else there. Where in those ad's does it say "Come train here, we'll give you an interview at a DCI carrier, and it won't cost you anything and you will have to barely raise a finger to do it!" I didn't read that anywhere when I signed up.

"I don't have a tail. I don't want to discuss it at all, that's my point here. You continue to beat a dead horse."

You might see it as a dead horse. I don't. Some management guy at DCA asked for all posts that mentioned DCA to be removed from jetcareers. Sort of a big deal if you consider the history of it and the overall anti-DCA thrust of the posts. This all happened within the last four months.

My yapper will shut just fine the day DCA gets honest with their marketing and has a link to JC at their website.

This is all a big fat lie!!!! DCA and other academy's offer a great opprotunity to get your rating fast and get to the jet even faster. I have become a believer in these academies and the cost they charge. I have written the FAA and requested all my current ratings from pvt to mei be revoked so I can start at DCA immediately. I will get all my ratings in a great new airplane and will be the envy of you all. You are just jealous you did not go to DCA, I was fooling myself thinking my experiences would equal a DCA student. I think the FAA should issue two kinds of certs. One from EVERY OTHER crappy school and then DCA's. DCA certs should read "awsome pilot who is ready to fly a jet" on my PVT!!! Cause that is what I am, ready to fly that jet. I wonder if they would charge me more if I took all my check rides in the jet? Hell I would pay it!!!! My dad said He would pay for it if it meant I could get that first job quicker, but he said I would have to down grade from my Porsche to a BMW but It is so worth it to get that jet time.

I think its okay to go to DCA because they are owned by Delta Airlines. Delta supports its pilots and provides excellent retirement and pay. I know that DCA uses all the money I will pay in fees to better the industry and the quality of life of all pilots everywhere.

You guys are just jealous that I am going to a great academy and I will get hired in a jet with 250 hours total time!!!! :rolleyes:

What you have just read is the thinking of SOME of the DCA guys. I have actually heard a few guys who don't even have a pvt talk this crap......its all brainwashing. I had a DCA guy (he had no Idea i had most of my ratings) tell me he was going to DCA and was going to get all his ratings and then get a job with Delta connection. It was guaranteed and I should do it too!!!! He and the little Alpha Eta Rho group was going to a major regional airline training center to hang with the "big boys"!!! DCA was part of Delta and that was enough to get him to the airline. This guy actually told me he was going to be working for Delta within a year. I said "wow, within a year, like as in Delta and 737?" He said "oh its all delta, I will start with what they call a regional jet for about 6months to build experience for the (he actually said this) "big iron"!!!!! He must have bein hanging out at Sears because this guy is a big TOOL!!!!

Last edited:
Well, I for one, am danged glad I read this stuff about DCA and decided not to go there... The attitudes of the instructors that work there suck and I don't want any part of that! I was not impressed at all on my free tour of the academy. Old planes, old buildings, simulators, classrooms, tired and worn out bitchy instructors... Not very inspiring, especially for the blood money they want.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back