• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Academy...THOUGHTS????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delta Connection Academy what do you rate it?

• Good

Votes: 45 14.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 207 67.6%
  • Average

Votes: 54 17.6%

• Total voters
Hey , you apparently are doing SOOO well, you feel the need to live in this thread EVERYDAY. Don't feed me or us this $hit that you are PROTECTING anyone from DCA. You are only p!ssed off you had to quit. People that read this thread will make up their minds about you. You are a disgrace to the aviation industry. You are a Racist, RUDE, Concieted, and a Spiteful person. What you have posted here will not further your "cause". It will only make people not trust you and will most definitely affect your future to potential employers. Today I may be only a $10hr instructor. Tomorrow, I might end up being your Flight Chief! I take my job VERY seriously and strive for excellence with my students. All of my students work very hard and have become successful and frankly, dang fine pilots. You ragging on my chosen profession as a flight instructor at Delta Connection Academy shows your disrespect toward me and every other CFI out there. You may have 5K hours plus, but you have tons to learn about being a member of the human race.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Today I may be only a $10hr instructor"

"You ragging on my chosen profession as a flight instructor at Delta Connection Academy shows your disrespect toward me and every other CFI out there"

I think DCA paying $10/hr, and getting away with it because of the guaranteed interview, shows more disrespect towards CFI's.

Remember that CaptisCrap website someone put up to tell their side of the story with the CAPT program. (which is on the way out, by the way) How about a DCAisCrap with Buffettck as webmaster? I'd be happy to contribute my opinion about DCA marketing....

after reading this why would anyone want to go to DCA? very overpriced and the interview is apparently no big deal. I was considering going there, but now I'm not so sure.

$10 an hour is almost as bad as those CFI's who teach for free.

I agree with buffettck about students being rushed through private and how in the world they got their PPL. I mean I have backseated some instrument flights where the student couldn't land the airplane in a crosswind or at all. Final at 40 knots, banging the plane in the ground, nose wheel landings The quality of some of the instructors isn't the best. I mean I've switched instructors 4 times involuntarily in private alone and took me 8 months. One of those instructors did a review flight 10 times for a diversion because it wasn't "perfect." Then I finally got an awesome instructor that is as invovled in the air as in the ground. They switched him to the special treatment group, aka contract group aka chinese students. They have been doing that alot with good instuctors lately. Not to mention I over heard two check instructors bet they had. One instructor bet another that he couldn't get the student confused about a questiona and the bet was a 6 pack of beer. Not professional if you ask me.

buffettck said:
You don't know me from Adam... You should also be careful throwing around people's names on the internet. You may be VERY wrong.......
Yea that's the pot calling the kettle black! Refer to your first few posts about myself, referring to me as incompetent and accusing me of sexual harrassment! Just saying now.

Last edited:
de727ups said:
"Today I may be only a $10hr instructor"

"You ragging on my chosen profession as a flight instructor at Delta Connection Academy shows your disrespect toward me and every other CFI out there"

I think DCA paying $10/hr, and getting away with it because of the guaranteed interview, shows more disrespect towards CFI's.

Remember that CaptisCrap website someone put up to tell their side of the story with the CAPT program. (which is on the way out, by the way) How about a DCAisCrap with Buffettck as webmaster? I'd be happy to contribute my opinion about DCA marketing....
Getting paid, no matter what it the pay is, is more disrespectful than what Scott is saying here? You'll jump at any opportunity to run your yapper won't you?

I don't know alot about DCA, but I know they are VERY expensive. Look at their ads in the magazines, and read the fine print on the bottom of the page. It states only like 2% get into the Interview program they sale and promote. Its like 993 or some low number like that. I have heard from a few friends of mine that if they don't like you or you don't kiss A$$ then you will never get the chance. My advice would be to find a regional airline where you are going to school and apply to work on the ramp. Most companies have an internal hiring program, and it will give you insite into the industry.

Just my two cents.....

Still glad I went to DCA and was able to receive great training which ultimately has given me the opportunity to Flight Instruct and be effective at what I do. I have no regrets whatsoever to this day. Me personally I checked the other flight schools and still decided DCA.

I worked for a major airline in pilot training - we hired pilots with all kinds of backgrounds from military to GA CFI. Yes, we hired high time jet pilots but we also hired medium and low time pilots too. Since every new hire starts out on the bottom due to the union, when there was a pilot problem it was usually from the high timer because he had 'issues' with having to fly as an F/O or S/O and taking orders from a Captain who was younger than he was.

Latest resources

Back