• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta CEO on the CRJ-200 cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyWest might get a lot of the planes, and they should have the pilots to do it, because when DL does start hiring in ernest, many of the newhires will be ALPA carrier regional guys like ASA (Expressjet) and PNCL and those guys can come over without disrupting the RJ feed. Makes sense. I hope 79%N1 and XJhawk are in one of the first few classes. The VP of Flt Ops said they forecasted up to 7000 possible newhires over the next decade.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Have SkyWest pilots ever not been hired by Delta?? No, they seem to like SkyWest pilots just the same as any ALPA airline.. Just saying. That 35% think you voted in does'nt hold much.. Just saying

25% must come from ALPA regionals, wouldn't that mean that the other 75% would have to come from non ALPA regionals? ;)

25% must come from ALPA regionals, wouldn't that mean that the other 75% would have to come from non ALPA regionals? ;)

Short and simple answer to your question: No.

WHy thank you General. My Air Apps is done and I am waiting and hoping. I look forward to flying with you if I get a chance. We can talk all day about Flight Info stuff-but I will stick to my rule of no talking about religion and politics-even though I am middle of the road on most stuff :) Oh and just like 79%N1, a recommendation will be appreciated :)

Your right, you need the token ex-military guy.:)

Well lets see, I am not the one putting all those super check airman qualifications in my profile, which means the token is yours to keep!

Well lets see, I am not the one putting all those super check airman qualifications in my profile, which means the token is yours to keep!

Do your parent's know that you are on the internet? You're in trouble! No TV for you.

Short and simple answer to your question: No.

Lets be realistic here. Delta's MEC isn't going to give two craps about exactly if 35% being hired are ALPA carrier pilots. There are far bigger issues for them to worry about than if a hiring quota is being met.

Actually it is 35% from ALPA regionals, but I think it probably will be more. Some classes used to be all ex military, but I guess that 35% will be the minimum now. I know there are the grandfathered Compass guys that will also be included in each upcoming class. I personally think some groups are favored, like ASA and PNCL (Mesaba), but that's just a guess. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Lets be realistic here. Delta's MEC isn't going to give two craps about exactly if 35% being hired are ALPA carrier pilots. There are far bigger issues for them to worry about than if a hiring quota is being met.

Do you know how many ALPA jobs are out there for line pilots? Millions. Some DL guy will volunteer to watch that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back