Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and NWA Starting Positions From First Meeting...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More difference between a 767ER and DC9, than there is between a DC9 and the RJ that replaces it. More seniority numbers between me and the bottom than between you and the Mesaba pilots NWA put on the list.

Crazy? Depends on perspective.

I certainly understand your concern, but with a nearly 40% raise with longevity, life is pretty good 'eh?

You're reaching now ;) There is a big difference between Comair and NWA and you know it. Major vs. Feeder. Apples vs Oranges

Why not just compare your DC9-80's to the Comair "RJ's"?

You're reaching now ;) There is a big difference between Comair and NWA and you know it. Major vs. Feeder. Apples vs Oranges

Why not just compare your DC9-80's to the Comair "RJ's"?

Major vs. Feeder...

ALPA represents both.

From the fine print of ALPA bylaws...
Legal Notice of Disclosure: "Represent" now and henceforth only means "collects dues" and contains no express or implied warrantees."

More difference between a 767ER and DC9, than there is between a DC9 and the RJ that replaces it. More seniority numbers between me and the bottom than between you and the Mesaba pilots NWA put on the list.

Crazy? Depends on perspective.

I certainly understand your concern, but with a nearly 40% raise with longevity, life is pretty good 'eh?

I'm glad we fixed that in the JPWA.

Boy that sounds REALLY egotistical!

Keep patting yourself on the back. Would you like me to send you a thank you card for the fine job you did at making sure the bar was raised for me?

All kidding aside. We are grateful that we were brought up to your level financially speaking. But just remember, BOTH pilots groups voted for the JPWA. If you didn't like the raise we were getting, you along with the majority at Delta could have voted no as well, but you didn't. Thank god. I think both groups realized that we had to be full pay on the first day if this thing was going to work.

Not ego. It is what it is.

727 RedTails (after gaining longevity for furlough and it's associated raise) can't accept as fair that someone else went out, applied for a job, got hired, and now might be ahead of him on a seniority list. Well, it is what it is. 727 RedTails could have applied and gotten hired, my best guess is that he/she is well qualified. But, 727RedTails made different career decisions and got a different outcome.

I strongly supported parity and was a strong "yes" vote that changed my vote after understanding NWA's codeshare and scope. IMHO we should have ensured Compass was staffed by our pilots and we should have placed more limitations on Alaska, Hawaiian and MidWest, which will be virtual Delta Connection airlines as they feed our hubs.

I would be much less concerned about the outcome of SLI if we had better scope. However, with the outsourcing of DC9 flying everyone is strongly motivated to try to be above that airplane.

In the long run, Superpilot 92 is exactly right. The glass nearly runneth over.

Last edited:
Why are you guys arguing? Don't you remember, the NW pilots aren't interested in any of the "light twin" 757/767 flying that Delta offers. Besides, why would anyone want to leave either one of their "fortress hubs" of MSP/DTW?

I can tell you that there were plenty of 20 somethings hired pre 9/11. Many of them were buddies of mine. They are now "real old" Some just turned 30. They will be ahead of you for quite some time. Like 35 of you 39 years here.

I can tell you that there were plenty of 20 somethings hired pre 9/11. Many of them were buddies of mine. They are now "real old" Some just turned 30. They will be ahead of you for quite some time. Like 35 of you 39 years here.

The *youngest* pre-9/11 NWA hire is currently 32.

Edit: I thought you were erroneously referring to NWA but after I re-read it I think you're talking about DAL which makes my statement kind of irrelevant.

Last edited:
I know at least one girl who was a f/a on 9/11 and decided to be a pilot. Went to Gulfstream, Pinnacle and then Delta all post 9/11. I'm sorry but as a 2000 nwa hire I would find it hard to stomach anyone hired after both airlines furloughed post 9/11 above me in seniority.

Wow. Why would Delta hire someone who w************************* herself out like that? What a disgrace.

The arbitrator will work from previous history. Look at the NWA/Republic/Hughes intergation along with DAL/Pan Am.

IMHO, fences big long and high.

Latest resources

Back